• Thread starter Thread starter rohitrohan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 8,677

rohitrohan

Regular
ISP
Reliance Broadnet. 1MBps UL
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL), India’s first 3G Mobile service providers is comes up with a Diwali treat for everybody. So MTNL’ Dolphin and Trump mobile service users can make Unlimited FREE Video calls to greet Diwali wishes to their near and dear with 3G.

Earlier In September when MTNL bring FREE 3G offer, it has started bearing fruit as the scheme is drawing a great response. Around 15,000 Mobile Subscriber have gone in for the MTNL 3G Jadoo service subscription in 10 days since the launching of free trial offer. And there has been a steady stream of inquiries regarding the Mumbai’s only one 3G mobile service.In Mumbai MTNL is the only operator licensed to provide the 3G Mobile services at present.

Once again MTNL announced exciting “FREE 3G Mobile Service offer starts from today for the period of 10 Days. Now MTNL’s all New and Existing GSM Mobile service users can enjoy the Unlimited FREE Video calls and high speed Mobile internet at lowest charges. The FREE 3G service offer will available from 17 October 2009 to 26 October 2009

‘MTNL FREE 3G OFFER’ initiative in Mumbai telecom circle for its postpaid and prepaid GSM mobile customers (Dolphin/Trump) of over 23 million gives the special privilege and exclusive benefits of Next Generation Mobile Service like Unlimited FREE Video calls, High Speed Wireless Broadband Internet up to 3Mbps, Mobile Gaming, Music/Video downloads and much more being on the Mumbai’s only 3G Network.

MTNL’s FREE 3G OFFER IN DETAILS-

* FREE Activation (During the offer period)

* FREE Unlimited Video Calls (MTNL Network)

* Voice Calls at 2G calling at rates.

* High Speed Data Connectivity

How the MTNL customer can avail the FREE 3G offer?

Trump Prepaid customers-:

(1) No effort is required by the customer having 3G hand set as 3G will be provided automatically. If the customer upgrades to 3G during the offer period he can avail this facility by sending “FREE 3G” to 444.

(2) If the customer wishes to continue the services after free trial offer with waiver of one time activation charges of Rs 300/-, the customer should send “ACT 3G” to 444 before the expiry of the trial period. The list of such customers will be maintained and they will be provided 3G services without charging any activation fees.

(3) The customer who has sent “ACT 3G” during the offer period, the activation of Rs 300/- will be waived. The customer will have to maintain minimum balance of Rs 50/- in his account.

(4) The browsing and down load will be charged @ 50 paisa per 100

KB.

Dolphin Postpaid customers-:

(1) No effort is required by the customer having 3G hand set as MTNL will be provided automatically. If a customer upgrades to his to 3G during the offer period he can avail this facility by sending “FREE

3G” to 555 (Toll FREE).

(2) If the customer wishes to continue the services free trial offer with waiver of one time activation charges of Rs 300/-, the customer should send “ACT 3G” to 555 before the expiry of the trial period.

The list of such customers will be maintained and they will be provided 3G services with out charging any activation fees.

(3) The customers who will send “ACT 3G”during the offer period, the activation of Rs 300/- will be waived.

(4) The browsing and down load will be charged @ 50 paisa per 100 KB.

In Mumbai MTNL is the only operator licensed to provide the 3G Mobile services at present, private telecom operators currently providing 2G telecom services include Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications, Vodafone-Essar, Idea Cellular, Tata Indicom, Loop Mobile (BPL Mobile), Aircel and TATA DoCoMo. For these mobile service providers, 3G spectrum is still a long way off.

To know more call 1503 / 9869012345 (Toll Free from MTNL phones)

i was expecting them to relaunch this. infact i am expecting that they will permanently waive off 3G activation or bring it down to 100 Rs or so only instead of 300Rs.

15000 is not very few considering that most ppl wudnt even be knowing what the scheme is all abt.

i took MTNL recently for 3G, but I'm not getting my 3G connection. I'm trying to use it on HTC Magic. I've put in the settings, but nothing has happened as yet.

i took MTNL recently for 3G, but I'm not getting my 3G connection. I'm trying to use it on HTC Magic. I've put in the settings, but nothing has happened as yet.

check this

MTNL 3G FAQ

check this

MTNL 3G FAQ

I've gone through this but didn't get your point. I couldn't find solution in the link. I've done the settings on my phone but nothing as yet.

I just got the Trump connection with Jadoo 3G.
I wanted to check on what settings I needed to make.

1. Setup the GPRS using the values as available at -
Untitled Document. Is this correct.

2. I got a password on my mobile. What is that for. On which site would I need to enter that.

3. Do I need to enter any specific settings besides GPRS to get the 3G services.

4. I am having the Google Dev Phone which is similar to G1 by HTC. Is there problem in accessing 3G on it.

5. I had a hard time finding the relevant sites for servicing my MTNL broadband connection. What is the site to monitor or service the Trump pre-paid Jadoo 3g connection.

6. There is suggestion send a SMS in the format "ACT GPRS" for activation. Is that required even if I put in teh manual GPRS setting. Isn't GPRS automatically enabled on mobile which comes with teh 3G scheme.

Apologies for too many questions, but the answers to these in one post will be of great help to a new starter like me and others as well, I guess.

I've gone through this but didn't get your point. I couldn't find solution in the link. I've done the settings on my phone but nothing as yet.

COuld you please share the settings whcih needs to be done for -
1. GPRS - Is it same as at Untitled Document
2. Jadoo 3G
3. Any MTNL customer support area where I can see my usage or change my settings
4. Do you have any idea what this page is for -
http://202.159.213.32:8081/msp/html/