• Thread starter Thread starter Spawn Freak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 9,261

Spawn Freak

Regular
ISP
BSNL DataOne Home 500
India is set to miss the deadline for the launch of commercial 3G services yet again. The ministry of defence has informed the Department of Telecom that the armed services would require additional time, up to 390 days, to vacate the 45 MHz spectrum which it currently occupies. This means that
3G launch in India will be delayed to 1Q 2008.

Of the 45 MHz, 25 MHz will be given to a maximum of five operators (through a bidding process) for the launch of 3G services while the remaining would be used for 2G services.

Government sources said the primary reason for the defence ministry seeking more time was due to BSNL’s and MTNL’s failure to complete the Rs 980 crore alternative optic fibre backbone for the armed forces as per schedule.

Source Economic Times

**** all of them and let them rot in hell..

somewhere i had read that they r directly gonna roll out 4G and skip 3G

Mumbai Mirror few months back

Does anyone has any idea about when are going to get 3G? 😕

Thought of creating a new thread since this was already on the first page so decided to bump this...

but wud 4g be atleast compatible with 3g? my mobile wud be useless if not.

I think 4G shud be compatible wid 3G devices, anyways i don't see anyone launching 3G or 4G in India soon

some interesting links:
2G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2.5G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
3G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

already 40 countries have 3g as of dec. 07 but still india doesnt have 3G!!

still 4G has not been very well implemented so i dont think india will be leading the evolution of 4G since india doesnt even have an idea of 3G

2G was not compatible with 1G, 2.5G was not compatible with 2G, 3G IS NOT compatible with 2G/2.5G, so obviously 4G will not be compatible with 3G phones.

the speed differences in data speeds are so high that compatibility is out of question...

if india considers skipping 3G, i guess 4G would come out when 5G would have already been implemented in some places.

3G - Typically, they provide service at 5-10 Mb per second4G - capable of providing between 100 Mbit/s and 1 Gbit/s speeds Will be a dream for us , atleast for another 6 months.