3G data card or 3G phone?

• Thread starter Thread starter visrom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,273

visrom

ISP
BSNL
I have an extra Airtel SIM which one of my relatives was using and he has moved to another city, so I have this SIM and it's active. I have a very pathetic BSNL internet which goes out of order very often and I need a back up internet connection. I was thinking if it is good to buy a 3G data card and use the existing 2G SIM in it. Is Airtel 3G internet good? Do you feel it is better to buy a 3G phone which I can connect to my laptop when required, so that I can browse videos etc 'on the move'? (Of course, I don't have too much money to invest in a 3G phone right now and I have my own mobile, so I don't need this SIM to make calls. I can only invest about 1500 right now. )Do you feel it's better to buy a data card from Airtel or should I buy an unlocked one from ebay?As someone else has already asked, will a 3G pack loaded in one city be valid in another city? Thanks for your replies in advance.

Here is an existing thread on the same, please refer to it and continue there![thread=72039]Should I purchase HSDPA USB stick OR HSDPA mobile?[/thread]

For Rs 1500 you wont get a good phone leave alone 3G? so forget 3g phone idea and stick with data card!Huawei E173 (7.2) is sold in the internet for Rs 1425.Aircel Huawei E1750 ( with 3GB first month free down load ) is available in Hyderabad from Rs 1700- 1400.(but locked) Most 3.6 mbps cards are seliing less than Rs1500. Voda 3570Z is not locked (In windows 7 no problem)But dont dream watching videos in 2G sim and 2g re charge (you can get lucky getting 3G in 2G charge.but that is exception):haha: