3G Activation & 1 week Unlimited

• Thread starter Thread starter jithu2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 5,380
I got a BSNL postpaid 3G connection on 27-Nov. They have mentioned a note that all 3G Postpaid activations can avail 1week unlimited download of data on 3G n/w.
I did that and downloaded over a GB data. Now first month bill has been generated and for 4 days i.e 27-Nov to 30-Nov, bill amount is Rs.1230 which includes over 900 Rs for 3G data downloaded and some voice usage charges. Also bsnl is collecting rental for Dec month i.e 1-Dec to 31-Dec in November bill itself. Strangely IMO no postpaid mobile operator in india collects advance rental.

Now i have raised a complaint with BSNL postpaid people. They asked me to pay this 1230 bill and if the offer exists then they will give me a credit for next month.
I dont what to do now. But i am not planning to pay bill till this issue is resolved. Have written an email to their nodal officer but no reply from over a week.
BSNL officers are like Raja. Many are in efficient, aged and still in telecom era of 1990-2000.

you should always use Prepay instead of Postpay... if you use Postpay they will screw your A.. enjoy with Prepay with all offers.....

you should always use Prepay instead of Postpay... if you use Postpay they will screw your A.. enjoy with Prepay with all offers.....
They cannot screw anybody's a** for a postpaid conn. I am using airtel postpaid from over 6 years and just a couple of times i had issues in billing. 2 complaints in 6 years is acceptable. Also airtel took 3 to 4 days to resolve it.
Bsnl guys are taking complaints but they are not closing them on time. They should reply for a complaint raised right? I choose postpay as i wanted a fancy number. I was also being told that i can change it to prepaid at any time i want.
Now they want me to clear outstanding before placing a request for conversion to prepaid. I agree to this as well but they should close a complaint in a reasonable amount of time.
Is any body aware of an email address or a phone number of higher authority to whom i can contact for escalating my billing issue?

@ dhanajayk.... see, now u have to pay the money in advance and you can claim with them later... but you know verywell the service of BSNL is a typical government office... well....you will get your money back may in couple of months not before that.... instead use prepaid and get it what you want.... for getting a fancy number my trick always is take a postpaid connection use it for 2 months with minimum rent and change to Prepaid.... this is not applicable with Private Sectors... once you complaint they will take and do the necessary in couple of weeks max and until that you will not be charged any late payment fee... but BSNL..... hope you understand what i am communicating to you

@karthik,I agree to your point. The reason for posting my issue is to get either an email address or a telephone number of a higher officer in BSNL.BSNL cannot be compared to any private sector because in private companies people are accountable and they work atleast for the salary they get. But many BSNL employees know that even if they dont work, no body gonna take action. Also caste factor comes in to play. They know if BSNL gonna sink, then govt will bail out with tax payers money. Then my question is why do they need to work?

Finally i will be getting a credit and i need not pay for the data usage. I called up bsnl postpaid accounts department and blasted for the excess billing (I had called them before 10 days and they had taken just a complaint)
Today they admitted its their fault and asked me to pay bill deducting data charges.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Can i pay BSNL postpaid bill online? I mean not current outstanding but a lesser amount?

I know i can pay via portal.bsnl.in website but it allows me to pay current outstanding and not lesser than that.

BSNL has reversed data access charges and my net outstanding has come down.I have noticed a strange business practice by BSNL - they charge next month rental in current month. Ex My service was activated on 27-Nov-10. Billing cycle is from 1 to last day of month, in my case it is 30-Nov-10So rental should be charged from 27-Nov-10 to 30-Nov-10 Plus usage charges in Nov month. But they have included 1-Dec10 to 31-Dec-10 rental in this november bill. When enquired with them, they say its their policy. IMO no other service provider charges in this way.