Hayai Broadband: Site attack

• Thread starter Thread starter cybot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 7,762
Status
Not open for further replies.
@sarkar007well on twitter he has mentioned that hes unwellso maybe he hasnt got the time to come here.

I think the attack notice should be gone now. I had neglected to add a new module to my backup archive (which is restored by cron every 3 hours to prevent these stupid infections. It has happened before to mine and plenty of other servers back in May-July). Anyway, somehow the code in question got infected around the 6th or 7th and not being replaced: THAT problem is now solved, and I'm waiting to hear back about *how* it got infected as I don't use FTP anymore - and the site itself had recently been moved to a brand-new machine, so the software should have been up to date.Fortunately for us, hayai.in won't be on that machine much longer, so there shouldn't be any more problems: especially once it's moved to India (thanks to our cloud partner in Delhi).

mgcarley, in which datacenter r u going host the site, i am looking for a good India based hosting provider for a long time, znet has some, but costly

mgcarley, in which datacenter r u going host the site, i am looking for a good India based hosting provider for a long time, znet has some, but costly

Initially we will be distributing our equipment around the city, as we are having our facility custom-built and I think it will be in Parel.

We will be working with one provider, E2E networks, who has servers already in Delhi, but will be moving their equipment to be with ours.

Hosting in India is currently more expensive than US hosting, whichever way you look at it, so I guess it depends on what kind of site you have and how busy it is... smaller sites I would recommend the US still, but for sites requiring at least a VPS we would probably work out something between E2E and you E2E Networks

^ Doesn't Reliance also have DCs?

Reliance has facilities in Vashi, Bharti has them in I think Jogeshwari or something and Tata has them in Bandra Kurla and Prabhadevi - and all 3 have facilities in the northern suburbs of Mumbai. These are the ones that *I* have visited at least - they may have others 😀

The thing with R/T/B is that they only work with "listed" clients - in other words, enterprise customers - you'd have to find someone who re-sells hosting out of those facilities, but as mentioned, I don't think there are too many, as the costs can't compete with US-based hosting (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.