Channels in analogue mode (Den cable)

• Thread starter Thread starter qwqwek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 15,892

qwqwek

ISP
MTNL
Is there a list of what channels are broadcasted in analogue mode? Also, is there a big difference in quality of the channels between analogue and digital?

You need to contact the local DEN office for the list of channels in analogue mode. Yes, there is a huge difference between analogue and digital. Digital cable gives you crystal clear picture for all the channels across the network which is comparable to DVD video and the sound too is excellent. There is just a one time investment for the box, and then you pay your normal cable charges, plus there are other value added services like Electronic programme guide, PIP, radio channels, Music on Demand etc. In addition to this, you also get more number of channels. In Mumbai DEN provided around 170 channel on digital mode, and in analog mode a cable operator can maximum offer 90-95 channels due to restriction in bandwidth.So if you have digital cable service in your area just go for it irrespective of the service provider. It is much-much better than analog service.

I have two other questions:1. Who is the owner of the stb, is Den or is the customer?2. If you buy a second stb, how are the costs calculated?3. If you buy one stb and use the loop out on the stb to connect to the second tv for analogue, do you still need to pay extra?Thanks

You actually asked three...😀You are the owner.You will have to pay extra charges for second STB. Will have to contact the Local cable operator for that.If you loop the connection, you do not have to pay anything extra.

it will be really helpful if you can just give the 170 channel names that you are getting now on DEN ......I know its very time consuming but it will give me idea that what DEN is actually providing now ..& cable provider in our area is telling us that if we will use DEN STB now we will get 170 channels now & 320 channels after 1 July ????have you heard anything about it ???