Broadband On Linux

kb_babu2279

Hi, I have installed Mandrake Linux 9.2 on my computer but was unsuccessful in getting the modem configured. The company has provided a Beetel 220 BX ADSL modem. But it works perfectly well with Windows XP using a USB cable but not with the Ethernet Cable. It would be very helpful if I can get some Help.Thanks.

Well in Linux the ethernet mode works a lot better than USB mode.(no linux drivers for USB)You try to configure it in ethernet mode in XP again and repeat the steps in Linux.If you want to use USB , then you will have to use "ndiswrapper" to use the windoze USB drivers in linux. Many people have done that, google around.Well in Linux the ethernet mode works a lot better than USB mode.(no linux drivers for USB)You try to configure it in ethernet mode in XP again and repeat the steps in Linux.If you want to use USB , then you will have to use "ndiswrapper" to use the windoze USB drivers in linux. Many people have done that, google around.But my suggestion is to go for ethernet only...just put the default ip address of the modem in your browser when connected in ethernet port, configure your mdem. Also add the gateway and dns settings in XP accordingly, if working , repeat the same steps in linux.