New packages soon!

• Thread starter Thread starter astrix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 9,547
nothing exciting. i am sticking to the 900 bucks package. 2 lines.

Hmm. The 500MB limit has been increased to 1.25GB for Freedom Combo, and speed to 256kbps from 128kbps.And a Speed 500 (256kbps, 1GB limit) package introduced to compete with BSNL (hah - no freedom combo or speed 500 in Delhi - no surprises as to why)Sushubh's right. Nothing exciting.I never understood this 1:2, 1:4 thing. Someone explain. The Speed 500 package says 1:4. Does it mean that speeds could get as low as 32kbps if it's being shared among 4 people?

yup technically it does. however unlike sify it does not have much effect here.

This s*cks....... their product development team should be fired.... all of them...The 1:2 ratio (aka the contention ratio) as far as I can figure out means exactly that one line can be/is shared between 2 connections.... which to the end user is basically the same as cable.... and really just like cable, if it ends up affecting you or not is a matter of luck (i.e. the people living in your locality).... the only satisfaction you have is knowing that not more than 2 people will end up sharing the connection....I am beginning to wonder if I should have just gone Hathway... especially since I had to get an airtel landline to get Home 128.... it would have been cheaper... if only I knew that "DSL is not shared like Cable" is a load of crock...I'm very pissed off...........

dude.. i download 1 gb in two days and that is with the night pack if i were to get the day pack it would be more like 1 gb a day.. that amount to 30 gb a month.. the plan allready stinks.. typical bsnl... why the hell aren't they launching ul packs? do they want broadband to grow in india or not!!

its unlimited till june. by then reliance should be here. than practically everyone will be running for cover.

reliance made mobiles affordable for my sabzi wala. i think they can do it again for cable tv and broadband. 🙂

No way! It's way better than the cable wala. It's consistent, it's reliable, and I get what I was promised. I'm happy.Incidentally, for a couple of days, I was getting ~400kbps sustained for some reason. That didn't last but it made me happier.