• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 114
  • Views Views 34,274
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgcarley

Founder, Hayai Broadband
ISP
India: FTTH, FTTB or 3G // NZ: VDSL // USA: FTTH or Cable (DOCSIS3)
The time has come to begin the pilot/testing of Hayai Broadband in Mumbai (and Thane, as well as possibly Navi Mumbai) before our launch on 1/1/10 (so... December).

I'll be going through the list of people who signed up to the old site this week and contacting those by email or phone whom I think would make good suitable candidates for testing.

The following suburbs as mentioned in the main thread are ready for testing, so if you would like to test and live in:

[*]Mumbai ALL SUBURBS
[*]Navi Mumbai Most Suburbs (will have to check individual cases at the moment, but I think most areas are covered).
[*]Thane (east) near-ish to the Railway Station
[*]Thane (west) near-ish to the Railway Station
[/list]
then please contact me by PM, and we'll discuss:

[*]what is needed from your end (such as society approval, and what details we want from you during testing so that, if needed, we can improve or fix any issues) and
[*]what we'll provide to you from ours (what plan we want you to test considering the information you've given during sign-up at the old site, if applicable).
[/list]
Please note that the list of suburbs listed above is to be expanded in the coming week.

Wireless connections will NOT be available to test yet, as construction of the wireless network will begin only in February or March.

Please also PM if you live in one of the following areas (so I can try to expedite confirmation from the technical team):

Nariman Point, Cuffe Prade, Andheri, Malabar Hill, Walkeshwar, Warden Road, Napean Sea Road, Bandra West, Khar West, Kurla, Bombay Central, Chembur, Andheri West (Lokhandwala, Seven Bunglows, 4 Bungalows and Yari Road), Matunga West, Dadar, Shivaji Park (especially the seaside), Nerul, CBD Belapur and Kharghar.

If you have offered to test in the main thread, please do contact me by PM with your details so that I can sort out suitable candidates for testing the service.

I think that's about it for the moment. Busy week ahead. Look forward to hearing from you.

I know I am not in Mumbai and cannot participate in this, but it is pretty exciting - this entire process of launching a new service provider. All happening before our eyes. Thanks Carley and thanks admin for this forum! :thumbsup:

I know I am not in Mumbai and cannot participate in this, but it is pretty exciting - this entire process of launching a new service provider. All happening before our eyes. Thanks Carley and thanks admin for this forum! :thumbsup:

When we announce that we're coming to your city (next year, depending on which city?) I'll surely make a similar announcement.

Mathew

Hey Mathew is it only limited to thane east and west.. or suburbs ahead thane as well.. Kalva, mumbra ? they also come in thane.. or you are talking about exclusively thane.🙂I stay at Mumbra thats y ?

Hey Mathew is it only limited to thane east and west.. or suburbs ahead thane as well.. Kalva, mumbra ? they also come in thane.. or you are talking about exclusively thane.🙂
I stay at Mumbra thats y ?

Crikey! That's really the middle of nowhere.

At the moment I think just Thane W/E as in around Thane railway station. I've just sent an email off to find out if we can confirm Kalwa and Mumbra also.

Mathew, when is the testing going to start actually ???I am currently not in India and will be returning by 13 december only. Do i stand a chance ??I had asked for pilot testing in the main thread 🙂

Mathew, when is the testing going to start actually ???
I am currently not in India and will be returning by 13 december only. Do i stand a chance ??
I had asked for pilot testing in the main thread 🙂

It's a possibility, please PM me your exact address.

i stay in seven bunglows ...i will love to test hayai:dance:

So PM me your pataa jaankari yar! :readtherules:

I am thinking of taking a long vacation from work and moving into my aunt's 4-bungalows flat just to test this out 😀 I'm stuck in London til mid-Dec though, then got to get back to work in Pune... hope to catch this when it happens for Pune...

^^ Same with me..am in Shanghai till Mid Dec and then back to Pune for work (will take few days leave offcourse) 🙂

I'd love to test hayai broadband in Surat ... when it reaches 🙂 waiting eagerly... and Please get the lowest ping times for online gaming 😀

I am thinking of taking a long vacation from work and moving into my aunt's 4-bungalows flat just to test this out 😀 I'm stuck in London til mid-Dec though, then got to get back to work in Pune... hope to catch this when it happens for Pune...

What plans would the tester get? Are you going to offer one of those 100 mbps plans.:ishock:

I will be giving plans appropriate to what users requested when they signed up at the old site.

It would be silly to give someone who says they are going to use 10GB/mo and 2Mbits a 100Mbit with 500GB plan or something 🙂

Speaking of which, other suburbs ARE NOW OPEN: whether you live in Juhu or Jogeshwari, New Panvel or Nariman Point, Dahisar or Dadar: I'm picking testers TODAY THROUGH SUNDAY ONLY.

I've picked only about 10 so far (I want about 127 testers), and those selected will be notified when the selection is complete. Those who have already submitted their addresses by PM are confirmed. The only area I cannot confirm right now is a bit out of our current coverage area (sorry Cybot, I am working on it!)

If you want to test, please read all of the information below very carefully:

If you are registered on the old site, PM me your username from the old site if you remember it, so I can mark you down as a potential tester.

If you are NOT registered on the old site, please PM me your address and a landline number if you have one.

As mentioned earlier, we would also need to get written permission from your housing society once you're confirmed as a tester.

I will open up the new site this evening (designless as it is) to collect details for testers and - finally - give you all some rudimentary pricing information. If you are registered on the old site, your information has been transferred over to the new site, so you don't need to register again.

Small print: There may be a small charge for testing to cover the basics. The charge won't be too much and will depend on what type of plan you end up testing (again, will base this on what information you have given if you signed up previously).

When I call to confirm, I will let you know more exactly how much this would be (less than retail). I would also let you know when I call what dates your testing would run from/to.

I'd prefer testers be serious about actually testing the service, and would prefer those considering using Hayai as their ISP after the launch, but that's about all.

Normal service and billing would commence from January 1st, and before that time we would ask you to choose an appropriate plan. Testers will continue to get special rates after the launch.

Apart from that, I want to hear from testers at least twice a day (by email or sms) during the testing with feedback concerning all things related to the connection: anything from speed differences at daytime/nighttime to DNS issues to outages to aesthetics of the Set Top Box and configuration issues.

Any issues or questions please direct them to me here or by PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.