Easiest way to automate night 2-8 downloads....... without any software....

• Thread starter Thread starter sprk008
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1,398

sprk008

ISP
BSNL
Hi..... if you are looking to easily automate free downloads, just try this..... This has been brought up in many threads, still i just managed to summarize everything here... The main reason for bringing this up again is because so many are still searching to find a way to automate downloads.....

you will need to configure your modem to work in BRIDGE mode for this to work.....

Steps to configure UT300R2U modem is here, also given is how to create a dialer.....

Some do say bridge mode is a bit of a hassle, but i find no problems with it whatsoever till now.....

I tried this on xp-sp2 and should work on vista as well, I hope......

All you need to do is put the system in Hibernate mode and make the windows scheduler run a command file at say, 2.15am (to make sure we don't start before 2am......)
Make sure your modem is also ON..... Don't worry, in bridge mode unless you log in from the dialer internet won't be connected......

Code:

@ECHO OFF

:CONNECT
rasdial connection-name username password
if NOT %ERRORLEVEL% ==0 GOTO FAILED
EXIT

:FAILED
GOTO CONNECT

copy paste this into notepad, replace connection-name with your dialer name, username with your bsnl id, password and save as connect.cmd.........
next step is to make the windows scheduler to run this file at 2.15am....

note:To make the windows scheduler work you will need atleast an account with password on your computer..... This is no problem..... If you log in every time as Administrator, just create a password for it (like xyz or 123 or anything).............. Or create a new account with password.....

Lastly make your torrent client run at say, 2.16am.....

By the way, I'm using XP-SP2 with UT300R2U modem, Utorrent..........