What Type Of Ip Address Sify Gives?

• Thread starter Thread starter hotindia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 7,744

hotindia

Regular
guys i am planning to take a sify bb connection.i want to know what are the instalation charges for sify bb andwhat type of ip address static or dynamic sify offers to its broadband customers.please reply to me soon.

dynamic

i'm using sify from last 6 months and got static ip for almost 4 months but frm last 2 months i'm getting dynamic ip. my frnd in the same building had taken sify almost a yr ago and has dynamic ip since then. i suppose its jst a matter of luck wat u get. 🤔

QUOTE(mayank7_d @ May 24 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]52169[/snapback]
i'm using sify from last 6 months and got static ip for almost 4 months but frm last 2 months i'm getting dynamic ip. my frnd in the same building had taken sify almost a yr ago and has dynamic ip since then. i suppose its jst a matter of luck wat u get. 🤔
[/b]

is that true?

i have static ip since last 2 years. But that is a non public dynamic ip which changes every time i login. you can see that non public dynamic ip by going to whatismyip.com etc sites.

the fact is that from cto to yr residence it is static. from cto to the world its dynamic.

Sify uses dynamic nat and static lan ip as well ( confused ? ) . Its like you get a static lan ip like 10.30.98.241 and when u connect to internet through sify client then a dynamic internet ip is assigned to your pc like 217.32.23.12 though this is not directly shown in ur computer but you can see it whatismyip.com and such other sites . When u logout and login again this dynamic ip changes ( for internet ) but ur lan ip is always static . hope that helps

their is username+ip+mac binding on sify .. As of installation charge .. it depends on area to area . In our area it is Rs.700 at present without nic . During festivals like divali,new year they drop setup to Rs.400 or sometimes even free . Two year before it used tp be 2000+ when i joined 🙁

can you change ip address on your own ?[/b]

yes, by disconnecting and reconnecting... 😛

QUOTE(hotindia @ May 24 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]52174[/snapback]
and what is the total instalation charge?
[/b]

Rs 1500