• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 9,415

Ryan

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
seems sify problems are endless. How do you guys play counter strike using sify. with my last isp i could play it fine, using the router and all. with sify, it's not recognizing an internet connection.

I found the solution. Sify had blocked port 27015. They had to open it for me in order to play counter strike.

Well I play it at home ofcourse. Otherwise, I'm not quite getting your question. Now I'm going to get a 96kbps connection, unlimited in time and data transfer. I could get the 128kbps, just don't have the extra few hundred bucks. and for once, it's not by sify 😀.

Do you mean to say the 96 kbps account which you are purchasing is not from Sify? If it is you know they have a 6 hour limit on it

and where do u play it?[/b]

I think he wanted to ask whether you play it at some public game server like fragshack or kawabonka or whether you play it private among your friends.

I too wonder what's the state of pings to these two game servers currently.

Yes 96 kbps not from sify. From another provider that I can highly recommend and that gives you the speed they mention. Actually, I play at US servers since I'm from the USA and also I play at singaporian servers too. like xsgaming. I never play at Indian servers. 🙂

I always get high pings to non-indian servers playing certain online games that aren't popular enough to have an Indian server 🙁.

On non indian servers, but asian servers, i get pings like 600-700. if i'm lucky, i get 500.

hmm, I don't know whether this is an acceptable ping for CS but when I played the game BZFlag and got pings of around 600 ms on US/European servers they warned me and kicked me out lol.

firstly a warm hello to you all...as you can see i'm new here...i'm from pune and i have a 6 months unlimited account from sify.....presonally quite unsatisfied with it....lace of speed...and the even bigger problem....unable to play onlinemy problem is that when i cant play counter strike online....it just does not connect to steam saying that seam cannot work in offline mode.....and as a resuly i cant update it too.....at the same time in the game when i "find servers" it says that unable to contact master server...now for the surprising part....when i connect using dial-up...i am able to contact the master server and retrieve all the servers...and believe it or not....even play online using a dial-up connection......and at late nights i can even play lag free......now this really makes me wonder if i should stop using sify....and switch back to dial-up....phonecalls the the customer care have been futile with the reply that they cannot do anything other than forward the matter to the chennai office or me telling them to open the necessary ports....any help would be greatly appreciated....

Hi Spitfire, welcome to the forum 🙂 Looks like Sify mostly blocks the port used for CS.What makes them do that I wonder. They are sure a sneaky lot :angry: