Counter Strike

• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 9,417
tell me about it. customer care said they would call me, they still haven't.

Originally posted by Ryan@Jan 16 2005, 03:09 PM
seems sify problems are endless. How do you guys play counter strike using sify. with my last isp i could play it fine, using the router and all. with sify, it's not recognizing an internet connection.
[snapback]4443[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes coz its not an internet connection. Where did u get that idea?
Its a U-R-A-FOOL-THAT-U-THOUGHT-U-WERE-GETTING-BROADBAND connection

hahaha. nice one. maybe when satyam starts losings customers quick and fast, they will change their attitude.

hello people, i have just subscribed to sify broadband recently. i wish i had read these comments here before. anyway, i have had it for a week and my feel is neutral.i am getting speeds equivalent to my dial up (my package is 48kbps - unlimited)! haven't tested it in the nights or downloaded much. but 1 thing i didn't like to start off with is that my cto uninstalled my norton internet security saying "the bb dialer includes an advanced version of mcafee antivirus". well as i found out it is mcafee antivirus ASaP (never heard of that before). and now i am getting all kinds of virus found prompts on my system. i am wondering if i should install the norton internet security on the computer again. or avoid using the bb dialer (if that's possible). all i have done till now is download the microsoft's antispyware (beta) and tried to listen to online radio. haven't had a very good experience, though i was running a download at the same time. anyway, i'll check thru the next few days, and keep you guyz posted!!

Call Customer Care and tell them you want to use your own anti-virus product. They will disable some things from their side which help you to reinstall your own AV product without problems.Also I'd recommend dump Norton and try any of the following -- Avtivir ,Kaspersky, Nod32, AVG (AVG Updates seem to have stopped working for me).

I agree. Lose norton and mcafee. Use one of the choices inet said, I would go with AVG antivirus.

Originally posted by Ryan@Jan 24 2005, 01:21 AM
Well there's still free email and even free web access. I believe once upon a time in india, there was a service called Caltiger or something, and it offered free internet. It was dial up though. But I mean paying to play at a server, I don't think that's worth it. just my 2 cents.
[snapback]4826[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ryan you are right when you say that paying for servers isnt something all can do.

For those in india you can goto www.kawabonka.com or join the following server
IP Address : 203.122.58.142
Port : 27015

this is for CS:Source. Im on powersurfer (by reliance) i get about 40ms pings. 🙂

There are a whole bunch of singapore based servers where i get 60 - 80ms pings. I have paid for my copy of CS which includes all versions of Half life death match 1 & 2 .. etc
You could alternately search for servers by clicking on servers when you start the game. sort according to ping.

I have even seen guys with the MTNL DSL on this server and they get a 100ms ping which is quite good. 😛

Frag Shack is paid and it s*cks for this.

hello every one i m from delhi and i get a ping of 390 -450 its lags so much this time i m using only 64 kbps unlimted nxt month ill hv 256 or 128 then ill check my ping .i play on non-steam servers any one can join like 217.172.45.62:27015 ....

:lol: Nah pings don't depend on the speed of your connection it is the route taken by you to reach the server. Sify's infrastructure isn't the best. Even if you do take a 128 or 156 your pings will remain the same

Not to sound too technical all the time, but a one could write a raw packet generating proxy for CS. That way we can route CS packets to various subnets across the sify n/w, enabling us to play.hmm. B)