Tata Indicom - New Schemes - Slash In Prices

• Thread starter Thread starter sarahpinto
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 16,865
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tarriffs are still lame as compared to Airtel. Which makes me wonder how they have any customers. Is it because:

1) People have no chioce because Airtel is not availabel in their locality?
2) Tata gives better speeds (e.g. giving more than 256 kbps on a 256 kbps plan)?
3) Tata have better customer service?
4) Some other factor?

QUOTE(vebmetal @ May 22 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]51963[/snapback]
1) People have no chioce because Airtel is not availabel in their locality?
[/b]

This plus peopl's intertia seems to be the reason.

One thing i like about thier bb is thier bb gives the lowest pings to overseas (especially US,Europe) servers.They beat airtel on this parameter.We want more competetion.Anyone know if they've got ridden of thier bad habit of blocking some sites?Pricing still suck though.128k unltd - 800256k unltd - 1200 Is that with or without taxes and stuff?I hope those US guys and FLAG actively carry the case against VSNL blocking access.

They have introduced a new night unlimited 10-6 pm pack for walky customer on 349pm plan along with 120Rs talktime free and 1.20Rs/min Std and much more.Don't know how long they will keep this tariff cause thay regularly increase the tariffs Cant rust the tata bastards

seems mumbai customers are always penalized. The 128Kbps plan which is available virtually everywhere for 800 bucks is available for 900 bucks in mumbai.... This bias is starting to get on my nerves now...

Hi Guys,

I am using 64 Kbps unltd Sify connetion, which has a sick 150 MB daytime download limit.
This week Tata has come in our area has launched a scheme where by we will be getting installation & 256 kbps (300 MB for 1 month) at just 699 Rs.

So, I was planning to switch over to that..
I might go for 64 Kbps Unltd.. later, after my first renewal. But I wud like to know, if there are any loopholes here...
They told me Each customer wud get an individual switch installed for them. 😱 & they promise for higher download speed...
So, after listenein to all this... I wud like to take some help from u guys...

Can u all tell me about these...

How is the Service?
Are there any hidden clauses... (daytime download limit / Monthly download limit)??
how much download speed can I expect in 64 kbps plan ??
(I get 12 kBps with Sify 64 kbps unltd connection)

Thanx guys... 🙂
Waiting for someone to reply...

wow....12kBps on a 8kBps is like superb! I get ~6-7kBps on my 64Kbps connection 🙁

Looking at ur replies... I guess I m really lucky to get that... I get that 12kBps speed consistently.. But the only problem with my sify is that, 150 mb daytime download limit per day in an unltd connection *frustrated*

I used to get 10-11kBps on my 64kbps line..Watch out maccool, i dont think theres a 64kbps unlimited package under postpaid..

What they are offerring is prepaid connection & one switch per connection.. so, they promise a speed of approx 100 kbps in 64 kbps. Thanx bro, I guess I can take a chance with Rs 699 for installation & 300 mb download per month starter scheme..

Status
Not open for further replies.