Reliance 1 Mbps ?

• Thread starter Thread starter chocs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 15,045
Status
Not open for further replies.

chocs

i heard Relaince will be out 1 mbps connectivity...u need to buy a kit worh 2500 Rs & Monthly 600 or so ....Contract for kits given to a brazilian company this wil be out in november..cheers

wtf#@$#*$@#$@#&$@# 1 Mb/s for 600 ????????? i hope it wont be 600 MB a month 😛

ditto even i dought itif 1mbps for 600dude im goin for itnewayz give us lnk for confirmationupdate on this maan

This is hard to believe...especially after years of hearing that Reliance is gonna heat up the broadband market in india through their fibre optic links.Forget broadband , they dont even provide a scrawny 64kbps connection in most areas.This seems like a hoax, perpetrated by Reliance ( I am _not_ criticising the original guy who posted) to stop customers from taking rival sevices and just keep on waiting for their "vapour" product , which may or may not come.

QUOTE(aniketvb @ May 19 2006, 11:54 PM) [snapback]51776[/snapback]
This seems like a hoax, perpetrated by Reliance ( I am _not_ criticising the original guy who posted) to stop customers from taking rival sevices and just keep on waiting for their "vapour" product , which may or may not come.
[/b]
I second that

You don't jump from 64kbs to 1Mbs..especially at the prices quoted.

Heck if this was Airtel i would still be skeptical.

..Reliance..hehe

umm...guys i think you are mistaking Reliance Powersurfer with Reliance Infocomm. The latter is a part of RIL while Powersurfer is a part of RCIL. Two different ventures. Well, I dont find it hard to believe but there is a significant anomaly in the OP's news.Dude, do you think reliance is a fool to come out with 1Mbps? I mean come on, how are they gonna deliver? Rconnect? Not possible. EvDO? Not possible (no handsets as of yet). FLP? Not possible. Coverage is too little. Through RCIL? Well again not possible. It covers most Mumbai but I am paying 600 bucks for a sucky 64Kbps connection which is more like 50Kbps. Their down times are hellish in some months!If Bharti is having so much trouble laying their fibre then what makes you think Reliance can do it by november? Entire Mumbai i.e. 🙂

thats a far fetched dreameven if its true would it be unlimited...........i doubtReliance is also comming up with iptv

QUOTE(max @ May 20 2006, 02:49 AM) [snapback]51793[/snapback]
If Bharti is having so much trouble laying their fibre then what makes you think Reliance can do it by november? Entire Mumbai i.e. 🙂
[/b]

Because Reliance already has underground channels for delivering electricity to end users. So, at least in parts of Mumbai they do not have to striggle with last mile connectivity.

Well my cousin used to work at RIL(pre-split) and i used to hear that they will offer broadband in the next few months... well this was about 5 years ago... and now after 5 years its still not available in mumbai atleast in the major areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.