Reliance 1 Mbps ?

• Thread starter Thread starter chocs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 15,058
Status
Not open for further replies.
netfreak, if Reliance can use underground channels, then why cant the other operators? 🙂

Beacuse they have tenancy righs over these channels .

Whatever, AFAIK Reliance is full of horsesh*t... we've all been hearing the "Reliance is bringing T1 to India" rumour for years and years and years.... I am not doubting that Reliance can and may come with T1... I am just saying that it is more than likely that this wil happen around the same time while I am expecting my third great-grandchild, peopel around the world are surfing on wireless 10 Gbps connections, and everyone will own a flying car that uses air instead of petrol.There's also the nice 'more than rumour' thing about them starting a DTH TV service.. that IMHO is more likely to happen. But in both cases, given Reliance's past history, I am sure that the pricing would not be so great, and the instances of people feeling they have been cheated from the fine-print will continue.

hehe, vebmetal...i too feel the same way. Why do we Indians have to always be BEHIND in everything. We always get tech that is like 10 years older than most nations! 🙁

because we lack standards and innovation... think about it - everything 'modern' and technological we have (cars, fridges, ACs, TVs) etc. are either imported or aped almost completely from their western counterparts. The electronics that have a "specially made for india" tag or something along those lines, at best have marginal changes. Why are we not designing the next generation of Air conditioners that take less power and cool as much?

and the prize example of that is cars like Hyundai Accent and Chevy Aveo, which in the west are two of the cheapest (and cr*ppiest) cars you can buy. But the same sh*t is sold here as great upper-middle class cars and we should feel grateful about that.

Quotas apart, our educational system is quite bad. It stifles any little bit of creativity or scientific endeavour that children have, and that is well manifested in the fact that admissions to most colleges - undergrad or postgrad, are on the basis of a sole criterion - whether it be 12th board marks or entrance exam marks. So in a system which has no appreciation for individual creativity, and rather penalizes it, what do we expect?

Given our comparitive advantages, huge labour force, low cost of labour, smart ass engineers etc., why are we not making the next best mp3 player or laptop? It's because more times than not the system forgets to teach the student how to think.
[/rant]

but we also have Reva... 80% of all Revas are actually exported to the london city. 😉

I know little to nothing about the Reva, but I do find that figure amusing. That's because whenever we do have a good thing, we tend to export it to the exclusion of the domestic market. For example clothes - much of the stuff that punks like Armani, GAP, Bana Republic et al sell is made in India. But it's not really available in the domestic market, and when it is, it is at Western prices.... sad.

I wanna be in America. Whatever anybody says, they value brains, creativity, knowledge. If you remember, in old India ( yes with the sucky caste system ), intellectuals, artisans, skilled labor was valued and we progressed. People used to come to our Universities to study...Come on people even the Chinese are able to make their own mp3 players! They are able to make their own routers! Doesnt matter if they copy half of the stuff they produce but the important thing being that they DO SOMETHING unlike Indians who know nothing but to yap around...Narayan murthy is one perfect example. Infy, TCS and these super IT giants are not doing anything but doing the "labor" work for _real_ companies.India sucks in the manufacturing sector. We always get technology 10 years old and pay 10x more! :/All this in a country with IITs and IIMs...I really have started to doubt if they are really as capable as the media hypes them up...*sigh*

Chna is no better in terms of tech innovation/creativity.

We have IT coolies, they have Production coolies.

They have been trying to get into large scale ASIC for a decade now. And few months back China declared that they have their "own" DSP chip.

And it turned out that a prof just rubbed out Motorola's name and claimed the chip to be chinese.

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/cont...0516_267974.htm

QUOTE(vebmetal @ May 23 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]52090[/snapback]
I know little to nothing about the Reva, but I do find that figure amusing. That's because whenever we do have a good thing, we tend to export it to the exclusion of the domestic market. For example clothes - much of the stuff that punks like Armani, GAP, Bana Republic et al sell is made in India. But it's not really available in the domestic market, and when it is, it is at Western prices.... sad.
[/b]

would u pay 2.5 lakhs for a reva?

Probably if he gets free parking and govt gives him 80k for buying a Reva. (Like in UK).

so would he buy a reva for 1.6 lakhs? and use the 10k for parking fee?what about paying 1.6 lakh for the reva and use the left 10k for parking tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.