Reliance Wimax Broadband: What is better Reliance Wimax or normal wireline?

• Thread starter Thread starter brickhouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 58
  • Views Views 20,433
Status
Not open for further replies.
please tell me what upload speed are there on 1mbps unlimited plan.@ranjitonlywhy?

Reliance wimax is good. Been using it for about a year now. I think reliance is the only isp to offer a symmetrical connection (UL/DL is the same). 1mbps gives an average speed of about 115kbps. Downside is the price......as airtel and mtnl are both cheaper by 800rs.Downtimes are negligible but customer support is brain dead.If your signal is weak then the installation guys wont bother to fix it permanently, instead theyll ask you to take a refund.Ive used a wireline connection and i prefer the wimax one i have now due to the fact that weather dosnt affect it. Hope this helps

Reliance wimax is good. Been using it for about a year now. I think reliance is the only isp to offer a symmetrical connection (Unlimited/DL is the same). 1mbps gives an average speed of about 115kbps. Downside is the price......as airtel and mtnl are both cheaper by 800rs.
Downtimes are negligible but customer support is brain dead.
If your signal is weak then the installation guys wont bother to fix it permanently, instead theyll ask you to take a refund.
Ive used a wireline connection and i prefer the wimax one i have now due to the fact that weather dosnt affect it. Hope this helps

all my queries about reliance are over except one.

What are the contention ratios,the reliance guy said that they were 1:8?

Also don't you ever get 128KiloByte,is it always below that?

well its like this. In the 1-MBps plan you should get theoretically 1024/8 that is 128 . Subtract another 8% for line loss = 128-10.28= 117.76 . so i think you should be getting aboutt 116-118 kBps on average. P.S - PLz correct me if im wrong 😛

well i am not going to make any corrections. just would like to state the legality... TRAI requirements are that the ISP is bound to provide at least 80% of the labeled speeds at all the time. so technically ISPs can provide 20% less speeds!

wow, that would lower it to 102.4 kBps . sad that there aren't any tighter regulations🙁. 20% is a very large gap when you consider ISPs Advertising speeds of 2mbps and above.

well its like this. In the 1-MBps plan you should get theoretically 1024/8 that is 128 . Subtract another 8% for line loss = 128-10.28= 117.76 . so i think you should be getting aboutt 116-118 kBps on average.

P.S - PLz correct me if im wrong 😛

Line LOSS on Reliance Broadband? 😱
I didn't experienced even 1% of line loss when I had Reliance Broadband.
My plan was 75kbps (9.375KB/s) unlimited.
And I was constantly getting above 10KB/s.

well i am not going to make any corrections. just would like to state the legality...

TRAI requirements are that the ISP is bound to provide at least 80% of the labeled speeds at all the time.

so technically ISPs can provide 20% less speeds!

Well at least Airtel does not provide 20% less speeds.

i have not seen anyone using this excuse for lack of speeds. but it's a regulation.

----------

most of them tend to stick to up to phenomena.

Line LOSS on Reliance Broadband? 😱
I didn't experienced even 1% of line loss when I had Reliance Broadband.
My plan was 75kbps (9.375KB/s) unlimited.
And I was constantly getting above 10KB/s.
Im not experiencing line loss of any kind on my connection . i was just stating the possibility . For me , reliance has been more stable and provided more uptime than any other isp i have experienced before.

I have both. Wimax at home and Wired at office. I have 1.2 mbps unlimited in Wimax, which is new plan they have increased the speed from 1 to 1.2 for same amount i.e. 2199. My wired line is 1 mbps unlimited.So, I think I am perfectly competent to answer your question. I am using Wimax since last about 1 year. First of all my personal experience and opinion is I am COMPLETELY satisfied with the same. No complaint whatsoever. Downtime in this 1 year was hardly 4-5 days. So far as download speed is concerned I was consistently getting 120 KBps in 1 mbps and now in 1.2 I get 150 KBps. You cannot ask for more. I am also very much satisfied with CC.In wired 1 mbps I get speed of 110-115 KBps, which I feel is little lower than Wimax, but considering the price difference, 1499 for wired, you should not have any complaint. Wiredline I am using since last 15 days only so may not be able to say much about downtime, but so far no issue and I hope there should not be any.I hope this meets your querry.

I have both. Wimax at home and Wired at office. I have 1.2 mbps unlimited in Wimax, which is new plan they have increased the speed from 1 to 1.2 for same amount i.e. 2199. My wired line is 1 mbps unlimited.

So, I think I am perfectly competent to answer your question. I am using Wimax since last about 1 year. First of all my personal experience and opinion is I am COMPLETELY satisfied with the same. No complaint whatsoever. Downtime in this 1 year was hardly 4-5 days. So far as download speed is concerned I was consistently getting 120 KBps in 1 mbps and now in 1.2 I get 150 KBps. You cannot ask for more. I am also very much satisfied with CC.

In wired 1 mbps I get speed of 110-115 KBps, which I feel is little lower than Wimax, but considering the price difference, 1499 for wired, you should not have any complaint. Wiredline I am using since last 15 days only so may not be able to say much about downtime, but so far no issue and I hope there should not be any.

I hope this meets your querry.

How do you upgrade to 1.2mbps on wirefree, is it automatic?

How do you upgrade to 1.2mbps on wirefree, is it automatic?

yes

----------

I am using Reliance 1mbps unlimited plan and here are my results.

https://www.speedtest.net

:irock:

is there any buffering time on reliance for sites like youtube

i have 1mbps fivenet and still i have to wait on youtube sometimes.my connection doesn't have any buffering time in the morning but in the afternoon i have to wait a bit.IS THERE any such problem on reliance?

yes

----------

is there any buffering time on reliance for sites like youtube

i have 1mbps fivenet and still i have to wait on youtube sometimes.my connection doesn't have any buffering time in the morning but in the afternoon i have to wait a bit.IS THERE any such problem on reliance?

Sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.