[help]bsnl Ul 900 & Modem Details

• Thread starter Thread starter ilu4life
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,603

ilu4life

Hi all,I had registered with BSNL for their UL 900 plan and for the first time they have responded in positive.I have the following doubts which i would be glad if some one of u could enlighten me with....1)I have HP nx 6120 Notebook.The manual says it is configured for wi-fi,bluetooth and all.It also has the 10/100 ethernet connection.If i choose a wi-fi modem from BSNL,do i require additional software/hardware to connect their modem to my laptop.2)I presently use the Relaiance UL 1500 plan whch has a speed of around 115 kbps.How does BSNL fare in speed?will i get the entire 256 kbps speed?My home is very near(1 km or less) to the telephone exchange also.Hoping some of u might answer my silly doubts 😀

umm....you'll get better speeds in BSNL.

max bhai...thanks for ur insightbhai.wondering if i need ny other hardware like a PCMCIA card to connect net thru the Type II modem?They say my laptop is wifi enabled in the manual.

no...you wont need anything extra. Your laptop will connect to the wifi interface on the modem, while your PC (desktop) will connect to it using a cat5e ( lan ) cable or USB if thats available.