Airtel Mobile Pay Per Second Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter swaps22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 71,635
No reply from Presence team, so I rang up 121. Got charged 1.50 for a 9minute talk, since its 50p/3min. ****ing bs.Anyways, she tells me that the call rate was updated few weeks ago. She said it's been revised to 2p/sec any network, so I told her why no intimation was made 2 me?You have my #, email id. You didn't message or email. She said they'll make sure they do in the future and that's it. :/So I argued why Presence team tells me a diff. call rate and you're telling me another one. Anyways, as soon as I was done with her, I applied for MNP.3 hours later, I received a call from Airtel, told them the situation, said for the next 3 months my call rate will be 1p/sec any network and even STD.Brilliant! 😀

lol. you fell in the trap set by the retention team. stop doing that people.

Providers tend have at least 3 call plans in every circle, it requires a topup (usually every 6 months) to keep whatever your "special" rate is - for example, on Vodafone I have to top up I think Rs14 every 6 months to keep 1p/sec, on Airtel I forget the exact denomination but it's similar, otherwise it reverts to whatever the "default" billing plan is for that circle (it might revert from 1p/sec to Re1/min or something).

Vodafone's website is pretty clear (https://shop.vodafone.in/shop/traiDocs/mum_prepaid.pdf), Airtel's isn't (in fact, it seems intentionally confusing) - but this is my experience. YMMV.

I just had a look at Airtel's tariffs for both the Punjab and Mumbai circles and just about wanted to gauge my eyes out, it was so bloody confusing - I can see why nobody actually understands what they're up to.

airtel switches you to pay per minute if you do not recharge with 28 rupees every three months.and yes, their website made no sense when i tried finding out the tariff rates for prepaid plans for delhi ncr.

funny, I faced no such problem for 3 years. It just happened this month. And I haven't fell for the trap, I'll apply for MNP again and if they offer nada, I shift to another operator.

airtel switches you to pay per minute if you do not recharge with 28 rupees every three months.

and yes, their website made no sense when i tried finding out the tariff rates for prepaid plans for delhi ncr.

For Mumbai it's Rs39/180 days for 1.5p/sec, Rs64/90 days for 1.2p/sec Prepaid Tariff, Prepaid Mobile Plans, Prepaid Service in India: airtel and so on - for Punjab they had all this bullshit at the bottom about this applies to this and not that but also this and it was in teeny-tiny-text and virtually unreadable...

And why the hell does Punjab have special rates to NZ but not Mumbai? F'n Airtel.

lol can you point me the relevant page for gurgaon 😀 i could not locate it myself.

lol can you point me the relevant page for gurgaon 😀 i could not locate it myself.

Same page - you'll have to select Delhi NCR from the dropdown at the top though...

I think you're referring to:
28 Freedom Plan - Per second tariff recharge** 24.92 3.08 90 days

They don't seem to have anything with 6 months validity in NCR.

yeah noticed that instead of having a tariff page they have special offers listed with tariff details in the footnote. 😕

Interestingly for Haryana:Rs 19 Roaming Plan * Ref footnote 12 16.91 2.09 180*12 - Roaming Plan - All roaming mobile OG & IC @1.2p/sec & All roaming LL OG @ 2p/sec,Home tariff All mobile calls @ 1.2p/sec & LL calls @2p/sec as promotional benefit customers of Faridabad Gurgaon,Jajhar,Mewat,Rewari,Rohtak,Sonipat districts will get 2 months Free incoming benefit in Delhi roaming.Rs94 All Local @ 1 paisa/2 sec 83.66 10.34 90

i am getting a headache reading what you just posted. but as per that link, calls are still priced at 1.2p/s after recharging for 28 bucks!

lol. i have never tried getting one of the retention plans from airtel for their broadband services. my telephone usage is so little that it does not really matter. a recharge for 444 rupees last for 3-4 months. and this include 98 rupees for edge per month 🙂