• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,249

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
I have been facing the new problem with Sify of being able to login fine but not being able to browse or do anything on the internet since around the beginning of January.I have faced this whenever I have downloaded even as little as 50 MB continuously.What I did whenever I had this trouble (and it seemed to work) was that I changed my private IP that is the 10.x.x.x one to something else. I took care to change it to an IP not already @$$igned to anyone else on my LAN because doing so would have kept the owner of that IP offline. Instead I changed my IP to something lying at the end of the LAN IP range for eg. 10.x.x.250 which isn't @$$igned to anyone on my LAN since there aren't that many customers yet.You could try something similar, but keep in mind, don't try an IP that's already @$$igned to someone else because not only would it affect a Sify customer like you but that person will complain to the CTO and the CTO might actually catch you 😉 There's no way other than finding our way around things unless Sify decides to behave like a responsible service provider and doesn't take its customers for granted.

That's weird. Any idea why it happens?

That's downright cheap on their part, to punish people who download a lot! Will try out the trick ... thanks.BTW, how are the speeds for Delhi sify users currently? I am getting 1kBps mostly, except late at night when it graduates to 2-3kBps.

Never had such a problem over here yetIf u arent on an unlimited account then go to some cybercafe nearby (using sickfy broadband) and see what they enter as login and p@$$sword :lol: And most cyber's closes at abt 1:00 am so u can get something for night . And as they have unlimited acc no one loses except sickfy . I dont encourage it(yeah unlimited acc 😀 ) 😛h34r: but i know my freind who's doing this from a month :lol:

It's almost time for me to renew my account.I was trying out Upto 64 kbps this month. But barring the initial days most of the time I got around 48 kbps (still getting that) when I hadn't crossed the download limit.Anyway Upto 48 kbps is what I will go for now. And maybe I will start getting speeds like you then Ujjwal 😛

Yes, upto 64kbps s*cks. It's of no use as it's not better than upto 48kbps.

Question. How do you find out the IP addresses in your Sify networked. Like if there are subfolders or pages. You guys have the link? I want to see how many users are signed up for sify?

yes it will support , but wait a sec m8 u hav to keep scanning for day or 2 at odd hours so that u make sure urnt usin someone's ip. this happens if that person was offilne while u wer scannin the netwrk