Has Anyone Got Bsnl Unlimited Yet?

• Thread starter Thread starter priyoban
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 11,318
At last i have the Home 900 Unlimited and it sucks when it comes to torrents.20 Kbps an average for a new user with no ratio. Otherwise its great.

Hey Anant, may I take the liberty of replying here 🙂

1. I have a calcutta telephone phone (unintentional rhyming) with a sulabh II plan (Monthly rental Rs. 160/- and outgoing calls only thru IT card). Is my connection ok for getting broadband?
Absolutely okay. Few months back, I was using BSNL broadband on the same Sulabh 160 rental plan.

2. If I get broadband everyone can still call up (my mom ) while I am browsing , right?
Correct ! You can talk on the phone without any disturbance while there's a heavy download going on.

3. Which modem type to go for ?as in , type I, II,III,IV? and usb or ethernet? I dont have a lan card, but can get that.
Sometimes USB is said to give trouble. In my opinion it would be a better decision to spend around 300 bucks on a lan card.

I would recommend Type I modem (Rs.1200+tax) unless you want to go for WiFi, for that you will need Type II modem (Rs.1800+tax). Type III and IV are for multiple users as they offer 4 ethernet ports.

Hope it helps

@ LoneCrusader : Me too got my Home 900 UL activated yesterday. Speed is not better than sify's 256 kb connection. Downloading from torrents sucks big time and I'm a big torrent freak. The only solace is that unlike sify, this one is unlimited. Who's afraid of link-removed anymore 😀

I feel like Saroman The Dark Wizard..using the power provided by Sauron of BSNL.I have the unlimited wizardry of data transfer but yet i know i am doomed badly cause my uploads and downloads are being choked by the Dark Lord himself.....Grrrrrrrr.

Hey Anant, may I take the liberty of replying here 🙂

1. I have a calcutta telephone phone (unintentional rhyming) with a sulabh II plan (Monthly rental Rs. 160/- and outgoing calls only thru IT card). Is my connection ok for getting broadband?
Absolutely okay. Few months back, I was using BSNL broadband on the same Sulabh 160 rental plan.

2. If I get broadband everyone can still call up (my mom ) while I am browsing , right?
Correct ! You can talk on the phone without any disturbance while there's a heavy download going on.

3. Which modem type to go for ?as in , type I, II,III,IV? and usb or ethernet? I dont have a lan card, but can get that.
Sometimes USB is said to give trouble. In my opinion it would be a better decision to spend around 300 bucks on a lan card.

I would recommend Type I modem (Rs.1200+tax) unless you want to go for WiFi, for that you will need Type II modem (Rs.1800+tax). Type III and IV are for multiple users as they offer 4 ethernet ports.

Hope it helps

Yep... that should answer all of your questions. And yes only go for for the ethernet version. And buy your modem from BSNL itself you'll get the cheapest price. Also post a feedback here after you get your connection.

@LoneCrusader : Dude don't scare me off man... what sort of speeds are you gettin on torrents... wat r the uploads like?

Man dont ask. Starting a clean slate torrent user on BSNL is like more difficult than the 12 labours of Hercules. First off a new guy with no ratio is bound to get an average spped of 15 kbps ON AN AVERAGE. Thats half the promised one....and yeah its so flickering that sometime i get the time for downloading of a 75 Mb torrent to 99.99.99 on my Bit Client Software. And yeah since torrents one and only rule is not to hit and run but to seed and make ratio....BSNL sucks that out too.Apparently ony 1/4 of upload speed is given proportional to the download speed.So its like 15 kbps of download and 4-9 kbps of upload averagely.Scared yet???I am struck with BSNL....cause i got no Airtel, no Sify , no Tata , no Reliance , no MTNL , no nothing in my area.

Awwwwwwww man.... am I stuck with sify now.... damn man damn.... this is so unfair.... ne1 else confirming what lonecrusader said.

LC is absolutely correct. When I was on Sify, I used to take pride that my torrent ratio was always above 1.25 , not anymore 🙁 . . . upload rate of 8 KBps just plain sux.

Man....i suppose only our kids will be the ones enjoyin the real broadband. We will remain the pioneer suckers for beta version of "broadband in india".BSNL is like the Internet Explorer.I just wanna smoosh the livin bejesus out of it.

QUOTE(LoneCrusader @ Jun 3 2006, 05:58 PM) [snapback]53143[/snapback]
Man....i suppose only our kids will be the ones enjoyin the real broadband. We will remain the pioneer suckers for beta version of "broadband in india".BSNL is like the Internet Explorer.I just wanna smoosh the livin bejesus out of it.
[/b]

hey LoneCrusader.....i applied for bsnl home UL 900 today ...and im a big torrent freak too ...its sad to know that bsnl sucks with torrents .....im thinking of canceling my home UL connection and apply for tata broadband 128Kbps SDSL connection ..and since its sdsl ..the download/upload speed will same right ...how is tataroadband ...have any idea ?....i read its reviews as bad in some states and good in some ..i read that tata is god in kerala ...i stay in hyd and duno how tata is in hyd .

Well Sam my pal....let me let you on a little secret ."You live in a great country India run by dirty politicians and big fat liar ISPs". You want a decent internet connection....take my advice GET A VISA AND MIGRATE TO KOREA.Reality be spoken there is no perfect net in Indian scenario . Someone is throttling, some one is decreasing speeds someone is disconnecting. Its all a mud pool around here. As for you..one of my brothers live in Hyderabad and he uses Sify. If you want you can try that instead of Tata since i heard that their customer support sucks more than Sify.Even priyoban uses it and he is the happiest guy among us. At least he is the one not complaining about his net. Your choice dewd

in swedish cities 10 or 100Mbps are as common as cellphones in Bombay!