Tata Photon Plus blocking torrents and file sharing sites

• Thread starter Thread starter flashbang
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 42,724
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a major issue with this new development. i do not think tata photon plus even has an unlimited plan. last time i checked they were offering what? 15GB on a 1500 rupee plan? right? so if you are already stuck with a limited number of GBs for data transfer, what is the logic behind throttling your connection at all?

Admin why dont you contact media about this.first airtel and now tata.THis is totally illegal under consumer protection act 1986.In other countries isp help their customers but here they block it under the pretext of p2p being entirely illegal while the real reason is making $$$$ by reducing bandwidth.Write a letter to TRAI on behalf of admin from IBF,I am sure they will listen or better yet lets go together to TRAI office and seek an appointment.You can do this as you head this forum and have some standing.

guys what abt reliance netconnect is it safe 4 torrents or anybody facing problem , if its ok then i want to change , bcoz i depend so much on torrents for downloads.

yes Tata Photon representatives (in DELHI) have accepted that they block torrent download but denied to mention in documented form... these guys r cheaters..

Never mind Torrents,even browsing speeds have come down . I have a prepaid photon since last 1 year. ( last 4 months started using 3G and photon is for emergency only. I charge Rs 250/250mb/30 days voucher to carry forward 5 GB in my a/c)Browsing wise I used to get 90% signal in secunderabad and chennai residences and speed test will show normally 0.5 mbps to 0.8 only. But last 2 weeks only 30 KBPS with 95 % signal. ( but able to browse with some difficulty)Bloody VODA GPRS 2GB @ Rs 98 gives 25 KBps sometimes.so this is the last re charge. I will ask the kid to use it up in her pc during holidays to play games and be done with it. I can get a fresh bsnl sim and charge Rs 606 and get 1+5 Gb ( night) @ 3 to 4 mbps !!

before this i used to get 150kbps from any website i downloaded , but now not only torrents my normal downloads also i am getting 10-45kbps i had complained 10 times to customer care , each time they say various silly reasons and close the complaint , a couple of times they have closed the complaint even without my knowledge.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

man i am tired of these guys , they restored the connection of my old tata modem without my knowledge , they have done it after i canceled the connection 12 days back .

when u have a wired bb u can change it as n when u like but i have a mobile wireless broadband so i also have to get rid of modem that i brought.

jerks , dunno the legality of this , but it would be in their TOS somewhere , dunno why would anyone use data card for p2p. btw p2p is a technology can some one explain it to them 😕 anyways install this https://www.ultravpn.fr/download.htm, free usage in terms of data is unlimited but b/w is limited to 500 KB which is more then you will get from from tata anyway and see you if get a change on speeds. err openvpn is kinda bitchy to work on win7 64 bit cause of new MS ip routing thingy but if you know your way around google you can make it work. and stop to tata from doing this make it viral. blog, tweet, FB the shit out of this and of course dump their connection. content providers should never be service providers too !

Firefox is showing a warning saying it has a invalid certificate and opera is showing false SSL request. https://www.ultravpn.fr/download.htm

it's self signed ssl certificate , when you generate a ssl certificate yourself from your own servers or hostings all browsers would show that. ultravpn is a free project which charges nothing unless you donate , am sure they are not going to get a ssl from verisign 😛 which is most banking sites and web mail sites use, so you don't see the pop . accept and be happy 🙂 btw does using nn script messes up posts here , i can't para anything with nn script . yeah a free VPN a is basic thing this i just posted this so users can check , if they are doing it on purpose,. to use a true vpn with heavy encryption you have to go paid , they can't detect if it is p2p or http but they will definitely know traffic downstream or upstream. btw many isp's now throttle encrypted traffic atleast in E.U , don't know about india.

data card is the only way i can get internet in my area, there's no wired BB available , and i already used bsnl broadband through telephone line but it is very messy and very frequently line drops . friends i request all the users of this forum to make this topic viral and let us stop isps from blocking p2p bcoz its an important source for all of us.

just like Delhi,chennai CC has also accepted that they are filtering speeds...wow india...

my fuktel has started killing torrent speeds.....it totally sucks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.