Default gateway ip of Huwaei modem changed

• Thread starter Thread starter venksrir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,219

venksrir

ISP
BsNL
Hello all,I am using BSNL Dataone with Huwaie modem. In the admin page, for some reason the default gateway IP 192.168.1.1 was modified to 192.168.1.10, saved and restared. This was actually done to inactivate the modem for few days. Now the problem is how to restore it back, because the admin page is not accessible since the IP change. I tried to reset the modem but after doing that the status LED is keep blinking. Please help me to resolve this problem.

Generally how to access the modem configuration through the admin page mapped to a predefined ip like 192.168.1.1 if this ip can be altered from the admin site? This is surprising. If there is a way to alter the gateway ip, then there shld be some way to access the admin page right.

YOU should give the correct details of the Huawei modem.
Confirm you cannot connect to Internet and surf now.

The IP for accessing the modem can be selected
and usually reserve address is 192.168.1.1.
It can be set to our choice, but mostly not done.
There are modems ( factory Default ) with different IPs.

Same way User ID will be admin
and default password also admin
There are number of modems with different
ID and PW and No password also.

Without proper understanding, changing the settings,
in the modem ,specially is to be avoided by beginners.

Copy/Paste the following Data:
Procedure:
START RUN type cmd OK
New WINDOW
Type ipconfig /all

Then try the default gateway to access the modem.
Feedback.

But the problem is we are not able to access the admin page with ip 192.168.1.1. as it was changed to 192.168.1.10 earlier. Even accessing the admin page using new ip is not working.Sorry I did not have the modem details right now, sorry for this. ipconfig is showing the default gateway as 192.168.1.1 only but the LAN icon in the task bar is indicating "Limited connectivity or no connectivity".The modem was working fine until we changed the setting. Resetting also did not help.

go to control panel->network connections and right-click the lan connection.select properties and then tcp/ip properties.here set it obtain ip address and dns server address automatically.see if this works..

Are you using a "Dialer" to connect ?Create a new one and try with correct userId and PW>When you type 192.168.1.1 in Browser Address bar admin admin what is the error message you get ?Also tryStart RUn type cmd OKNew windowType ping 192.168.1.1result ?3. Start/Network/ LANPropertiesrepairerror message ?OR4. Statussupportall ip's shown ?feedback.