How To Uncap The Modem For Speed

• Thread starter Thread starter jissa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 46,905
QUOTE(Quixxter @ Sep 10 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]61760[/snapback]
hey friends,

i've got BSNL 900+ with an ADSL modem ZTE ZXDSL 831. how can i manipulate the hardware to get the best from it. Any ideas !!!!

p.s. : Mr. Varkey your mail id plz

Many thnx in advance
[/b]

If u hav read da 1st post of this thread.... u wud kno dat u cant uncap speed for ADSL modems cuz da speed is set to us by da BSNL guys.....

U can uncap speed for Cable modem....... cuz da speed is binded to da modems rather den set by da cable net providers's servers.......

Theorectically..... ADSL cant b uncapped.... n ders no way for dat.......

hello i am using asianet 1 mbps plan . But i am not getting speeds they mention .Rarely only i get speeds of 512 Kbps also. So is ther anyway to check the bandwidth alloted to me by asianet. Any configuration files?????????

What u are getting is a bit less than what u should get , ur avg speed should be around 200-256 KBPS . So the speed u are getting seems to be reasonable enough

QUOTE(Jiss @ May 13 2006, 10:26 PM) [snapback]51188[/snapback]
does any 1 know how to uncap the modem like people do with cable modem for speed. can we do the same on this type of ADSL modem by BSNL. like this site explains
[/b]
is it a book or a webpage ur refering?

hi iam using airtel 1mbps plan on a airtel beeter wireless router the one which they gave....
is it possible to uncap it ?
plzz help me and email to namannasty123@hotmail.com

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/809/06012006194905nj1pd5.jpg

chk the bottom it shows 226kBps.

i hope u can call that 2mbit?

Nizar ~ ahmd - u need to modify the modem a little bit. i mean u have to open it and solder a PIN inside. ill help u how to do it. add me to MSN or YAHOO. and it doesnt matter wht plan u took because u r not going to use ur own mac id anyway. my total trasnfer per month is abt 75 GB

Man Can you please Help me Out I have an MTNL connection of 1.3 Mbps Plan and my Router Is " SemIndia A201-SM " Help me to Uncapp it please I BEG 🙁(
My Email is " hunaidthegreat@yahoo.com "