• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 68,352

farmboy

Regular
ISP
BSNL 1000 upto 2 Mbps
Hi All,

BSNL has written one of the following amongst it's key objectives for broadband on it's website :

To provide both pre-paid and post paid broadband services

Does anyone have any idea about this prepaid Dataone ?
What it's going to be like ?What tariff plan can we expect in prepaid broadband ?
By when can we expect this "prepaid" dataone to start ?

Farmboy

i guess their sole motive is to make money. fortunately they are one of the few government owned companies which try their best to stay profitable. no matter sometimes they just do not make any sense.

According to reliable sources, BSNL is going to announce Prepaid dataone plans from january. However, there will not be any prepaid landline (bfone). All landlines or bfones will be as usual postpaid. Anyone wishing to get dataone prepaid must get the card from BSNL and use the card as a top-up service above the landline phone service. BSNL also may also introduce unlimited plans at higher speeds and at the same time rates of all services may be reduced. As far as rates are concerned, rates for data usage plans will be same as that of current postpaid plans, but there will be only one unlimited plan where we pay rental for landline and at the same time pay say- rs.900 above that. Currently, unlimited plan usres have the option of cutting out landline rental. We may see announcement from BSNL sometime soon.

Prepaid from BSNL will be tough to manage. Long queues to get a card and the same "no stock!!" reasons.. No online recharge facility...etc etc..

prepaid really makes sense not because prepaid phones account for 80 - 90 percent of total cellphones. All people who use this forum must be techies. I am also a techie by education but currently a homemaker. Most techies know what MB is and what a GB is. So, even if we choose Rs.250 plan, we will check usage and will most probably not overstep. But not all 2.5 million broadband subscribers in India are techies.Take the case of my husband who is a doctor. Before three months, when I came here after marriage, I came to know that he was in Home 250 plan and was paying approximately Rs.1000 as monthly bill for broadband excluding phone charges. Well, he was thinking that these plans were exactly similar to BSNL cellular's postpaid plan where we pay Rs.225 as rental and pay above it for talking. Only after i explained, he understood.I must also note that, in BSNL's bill, BSNL mentions something called as usage charges. They actually mean how much we have overspent above our plan. So, shouldnt they call them as extra usage charges or over usage charges or as I reccomend - It must be called as over usage penalty or over usage fine.I also know a relative of mine who two years ago took a two month trial of bsnl broadband, but spent rs.5000 because only 400 MB is free.so, if you want to sell broadband to non-techies, (non-techies includes well educated people also, not just people who have not completed college)prepaid is the answer.doesnt bsnl cell prepaid have e-recharge?If no, then shame.sorry, you mentioned no online recharge?they can, no problem. they easily can

My BB provider (through cable) has several prepaid options. And it works out very well, especially for people who are scared of the internet usage coz they dont know how to check the MBs left.

My BB provider (through cable) has several prepaid options. And it works out very well, especially for people who are scared of the internet usage coz they dont know how to check the MBs left.

They must first know what is MB if they ever think of knowing or try to know how many MB is left

Also a scroll on top

Dear Node incharge / Customers -- Here we want inform the existing plan names are getting renamed, as mensioned. Home 125 --> BB 125 , Home Combo 199 --> Combo 199 , Home Combo 299 ---> Combo 299 , Home 500 --> BB 500 , Home 500 C --> Combo 500 .