Need Help

marinosam

[OP]
May 11, 2006
My tata indicom broadband connection is down for a week. I happen to ask one of my friends who have a connection and he says its down for a month!. The place is bangalore and I want to know if this is happening more frequently now a days or was the same all the time?Do Reply.thanks

humm

YoYo!
Regulars
Oct 8, 2005
Maybe there aren't much users of Tata here coz its down :p

hitman

Regulars
May 10, 2005
New Delhi
It can't be down for so many days even if there is a major prob .I never had it down for more than 24 hrs. Is ur link down or the link is up but net is down ?

Vince

Regular
Regulars
May 23, 2005
Well, there seems to be the same problem with my friends.They have routers. Connection is erratic. Complaints with customer care isnt yielding any solutions.I use a modem, and for the mast 2 weeks, its been disconnecting often, sometimes its connected but NO data transfer happens. Works after some time though.*Prays VNL is upgrading something*@hitman: dude, you're on the 256 unlimited plan is it?

hitman

Regulars
May 10, 2005
New Delhi
Yup I am on 256 unlimited plan. No such prob for me. Although it went down for one full day on 16th May it was due to fibre problem ( as I was informed by them). One day of downtime in 4-5 months is ok :D

max

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
Its TATA after all. I had a big fight with them when they were Hughes :p Looks like their service is just as bad now, as it was then ;)

hitman

Regulars
May 10, 2005
New Delhi
My net was down for 4 days and I got a real taste of their customer care. They kept on repeating tht it will be fixed in 24 hrs, no updates on progress, no call backs. A simple fibre cut took them 4 days to fix. This downtime did hurt my business and I am down with some money. Seems i should start looking for other options :(

Vince

Regular
Regulars
May 23, 2005
^^ Sorry to hear that hitman.. my line was down for 2 days, but i dont use it for business, so no loss here..Look for Airtel or perhaps that new 256 unlimited BSNL plan hitman..