Switching From Sify To Airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter Swap0
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 6,565
What hell do you mean that you want reply from "senior members like Sushubh", goahead and send then a private message if you don't want views of the aam janta here, Y open a post? All members are equal its not the quatity of the post that matters its the quality!!

Anyways SIfyfan is right, sify is best in term of cost! Its the chepest connection, now if you want somthing which is not costly obviously its not good be the best in service![/b]
totally Agree

Even I feel that Sify has improved a lot

Dont care if sify has improved 😡 let the people come to the light (airtel) 😛

Sify is better than airtel in terms of speed and pricing0% disconnectionand good speedsthe only advantage with airtel is PHONE offerin terms of speed its %^$@@^% c*&^i get 10KB/s on 128kbps ^&^$@&@^$@$i dont care about customer care and all thosei care about real time speeds not advertised ^$@^$@

QUOTE(Swap0 @ May 11 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]50963[/snapback]
I am being offered 600 Rs 128 kbps unlimited plan.
No discounts though. Free local calls to 3 numbers for 1st three months. Guess I will utilise that to the max 🙂

Installation charges are waived but 500 bucks security deposit is applicable.

How come they have 2 plans for 600 bucks (128 kbps) one with 1 GB limit and other without any limit?
I guess I need to check out the plan again and try to get the security deposit waived.
BTW they said no desposit for telephone instrument, but 500 bucks refundable deposit is applicable.

Where are you from josephprashant?
Sifyfan thats a general statement. Can u be specific as to why Sify is better. Have u tried Airtel?
[/b]

i am from navi mumbai belapur, the only reason y the security deposit and installation charges were waived is due to the fact that they are starting off from our building, and they have been assigned a cabinet in our building. also they mentioned abt some contract with the society, blah, blah.. sort of promotional offer..

i was ready to pay the sec deposit and instlln but i got lucky 🙂

when it comes to value for money, sify rocks, provided the downtime is minimal. You can downloads during night time in the 64kbps plan with the 150 mb limit during day time. I have downloaded gb's.

I have sufficient time (3 months) to judge airtel.

I agree sify is getting better, but i am unfortunate not to have a net connection when i have my weekly offs, so it sucks.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ May 12 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]51070[/snapback]
despite the fact that i am getting like 10K speed on airtel. i would still prefer it over Sify any given day.

airtel dudes, they fix net/tel problems in 4 working hours. sify? u wont be able to submit your complaints in 4 hours.

i pay a lot more with airtel but its definitely worth it... especially when i dont have to worry abt my net connection when i turn on my PC.

its the power department which is killing me.
[/b]

I agree to this point. With sify, I can't be sure if I will have a connection when i return from work or when i wake up. i hope airtel doesn't disappoint me in that department. i would prefer having a stable connection rather than a faster connection.

r u referring to the power cutoffs or something else?

QUOTE(Sushubh @ May 12 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]51075[/snapback]
well. power bills are killing me. unusual charges. i hate them.

as for my comment. well, i dont have to worry if my net is even working when i logon to my logged off computer. u just know that it is working and you are logged on and the downloads are going on fine.

as long as the power does not ruin it... and it usually does.
[/b]

is airtel modem responsible for the power bills???

is airtel modem responsible for the power bills???[/b]

neh telephone usage... apparently i have taken some tarriff plan which costs me more for local and std calls. airtel bills for broadband are what they should be considering its unlimited usage for a fixed charge.

QUOTE(Tushar @ May 12 2006, 09:44 PM) [snapback]51113[/snapback]
Whats the contact number for airtel broadband in Mumbai?
[/b]

The CC no is 4444 4121
Email id: care.mumbai@airteltelephone.com
The sales agent in my area (Thane) is Yusuf Frosh (9867550879)

QUOTE(i_love_you @ May 13 2006, 03:27 AM) [snapback]51126[/snapback]
0% disconnection
[/b]
You must be very lucky. For me its more like 0% Connection.

I agree with joesprashant & Sushubh. For me too reliability ir very important. With sify you never know whether wout net is gonna work or not when you power on your PC. I don't work on weekends and neither does my Sify net. I am also beginning to wonder whether their cc agents are real humans or some software. Whatever you say to them they will read out a few standard responses verbatim.

But 10 Kbps for 128k seems a tad slow. On the odd day that Sify works, I get the same on my 64k connection. Guess the unlimited part of Airtel will compensate for it.
BTW what speeds are ppl in Mumbai/ Thane getting from Airtel?

My CTO now gives me good uptime. Sify give exact promised speeds if u use a download accelerator

Well thats the problem with all Broadband connections in India it seems(except MTNL)...you have to use acclerators to get full speed..then you cant use streaming music playback due to less speed in a single connection to remote server. Download acclerators achieve this by multiple connections....I had taken a 300Kbps nite plan from Pacenet , but still I couldnt listen to 128kbps internet radio. while I could download at a full 37KBps and that too they throttled the speed when I started regularly downloading. So its just a farce....So effectively the purpose of broadband is destroyed (huge downloading is not the only purpose)

Yeah, same here. I have a 64Kbps connection and I dont get consistent speed at all. I also cannot listen to online radio! Not even to 56K broadcasts...

My speed:8 am - 10 pm : 10 - 12 KB/sec 10 pm - 8 am : 0 - 2 KB/sec I am using Anytime Internet Plan (64 kbps). 😛

QUOTE(TJS @ May 13 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]51159[/snapback]
My speed:

8 am - 10 pm : 10 - 12 KB/sec
10 pm - 8 am : 0 - 2 KB/sec

I am using Anytime Internet Plan (64 kbps). 😛
[/b]
baad....i atleast get 6-7KBps on my 64Kbps connection...