• Thread starter Thread starter tinybird
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 7,453

tinybird

Regulars
ISP
bsnl
An interesting news in todays newspaper ( Dinamalar- Tamil daily ), " Govt of India has with drawn CAS "Any further news regarding this subject for sharing ? pls.

what?!! they took ages to decide implementation of CAS, how can they withdraw it without REASONABLE equal time over that too.

----------

I dont know if this has already been posted, but I missed this piece of news.

But this news means that CAS is DEAD. No cable operator wud be offer CAS because, more channels they enforce, more profit they will get.

Govt backtracks, to make CAS voluntary: Rediff.com Business

Well I heard about this a few months back, that govt has lost a court-case filed against CAS. So CAS is expected to be removed sooner or later. I am thinking what will the DTH companies do if CAS is actually removed..! 😛leasehelp:

i dont see cas going anywhere.

channels want them. they have the money. some politicians even OWN channels.

it might be delayed. but it won't go away.

----------

its almost like dial-up service providers protesting against broadband service providers.

Haha...Nice sense of humour. But the dial-up did not stop BB services from getting spread. Same would be the case for CAS. Anyways, I think Indian Govt is the only Govt which goes backward when it comes to development. Anyways, already it was taking a long time for CAS to get implemented in rest of India. Now it will be delayed more. 😡