Unlimited Broadband Which Adapter To Use ?

MR KHAN

[OP]
May 6, 2006
Today i submitted form for BSNL Internet boradband Service (unlimited) now which adapter i must purchase ? or shall i go with the one adapters BSNL will be providing ?I was suggested to purchase D-Link 502T or Adsl Compatible.Please give me your suggestions and tell me which modem router will be best to use with different internet services.I also need wireless modem suggestions.

max

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
go with whatever modem they give. For the wireless router purchase Linksys WRT54G or Netgear WGR614

akash

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 18, 2005
i say got for dlink 502tif u need wireless than only go for it.

LoneCrusader

Regular
Regulars
May 8, 2006
Well i would go with akash on that...i have a Dlink DSL - 502T model myself. Its cool and hasent been a hastle much....though having a router has some cons..as for instance i cant get a direct ip connection to a friend's pc, even my limewire screams that i cant connect to a direct IP cause i am behind a router.Too much hastle to go through for that....otherwise its just fine.

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
Get wireless modem from BSNL.That ways they can never say that "Hamara net chal raha hai, Aapke modem faulty hai".

gb_baran

Regular
Regulars
Apr 17, 2006
I think you can even make an omlete on a Type I modem after using it for an hour.It gets heated up very easily. But I am having a Type IV modem... If you are not opting for wireless then I suggest you a Type III modem. But then the cost of Type IV is just 200rs higher than Type III!!!

MR KHAN

[OP]
May 6, 2006
linksys wireless is also a modem, right ? once i purchase bsnl broadband connection what do i require ? if modem then which wireless to choose ?please tell in details,,,,newbie.

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
QUOTE(gb_baran @ May 10 2006, 07:29 PM) [snapback]50864[/snapback]
I think you can even make an omlete on a Type I modem after using it for an hour.It gets heated up very easily. But I am having a Type IV modem... If you are not opting for wireless then I suggest you a Type III modem. But then the cost of Type IV is just 200rs higher than Type III!!!
[/b]
What is the difference between Type I,II,III, IV modems... ?

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
I think one of these (probably type 4) is a WiFi device as well. One of these is a USB only.