• Thread starter Thread starter GSV13
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,059

GSV13

Special Member
ISP
Triband 2mbps
Bsnl has reduced the price of unlimited connection to 900 that too withoutany voice rental. whereas mtnl is still promoting its 1399tariff in delhi whileno plan to launch it in mumbai yet. :angry: Anyone knowing will it be done by Mtnl or not ???Is there any light.. 🙁

today I asked some DGM guy and he said he had no idea but anything.He said agar bade sahab ki marji hogi to naya plan kal aayega..Talk of uninformedNESS of these ppl

they are bound to reduce the tarrif because of pressure from Airtel, Sify, ExattNet and other ISPs...

wat pressurepressure to keep d/l limiteven if they get GAS they wont do it for atleat next commin 6 months 😛 😀 🙂

Patience guys.Tata Indicom Broadband already has unlimited connection @ Rs. 1600 and Delhi MTNL @ Rs. 1300.Ultimately market forces prevail and even the biggest giants bow down to pricing.India's broadband pricing and speeds leave much to be desired though, compared to Korea where high speed net ( in Mbps) is available at throw away prices.

QUOTE(OnlyFun @ May 6 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]50396[/snapback]
India's broadband pricing and speeds leave much to be desired though, compared to Korea where high speed net ( in Mbps) is available at throw away prices.
[/b]

that is very true.. when i lived in the states i had a 5 mb line with unlimited download for 2000 rs a month..

5 fricking mb!!!! lol man i miss that 🙁

QUOTE(OnlyFun @ May 6 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]50396[/snapback]
Patience guys.

Tata Indicom Broadband already has unlimited connection @ Rs. 1600 and Delhi MTNL @ Rs. 1300.

Ultimately market forces prevail and even the biggest giants bow down to pricing.

India's broadband pricing and speeds leave much to be desired though, compared to Korea where high speed net ( in Mbps) is available at throw away prices.
[/b]

This patience is so long cant wait 🙁

Aabh itna bada sapna bhi mat dikhao yaar.Dar lagta hai that it will break 😉

Problem in INDIA is there is only one TIER ONE switch in asia pacific region i.e. in singapore each ISP has to pay to International Bandwidth Provider for that connectivity and i suppose US has got more than 9 TIER ONE switches wher lies the difference.

Not sure if it is the reason behind high prices... but what he is saying is essentially true.Trace your route to a random saml[pe of servers located in India. Most of the time, traffic will go out of India and then will be routed to the server in India.

QUOTE(netfreak @ May 16 2006, 05:26 PM) [snapback]51468[/snapback]

Most of the time, traffic will go out of India and then will be routed to the server in India.
[/b]

Yup that is true... our chaps are a bit too cheap to put in tier one switches or even setup proper peering.

A colossal waste of bandwidth ensues.

Cheers

Chew