Airtel IPTV vs (Tata Sky DTH + Airtel BB) conundrum

• Thread starter Thread starter pudu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 23,731
Status
Not open for further replies.
🙂 i am too lazy to download shows and then watch them. i prefer watching shows or movies on my television. i do have the WD TV device which i can use. but in the end, too little time for any TV watching. i have heard a lot of good stuff on dexter. i have been planning to check it out. just no time.

Dexter does not haev too many boobies. 😀Seriously, Dexter is a great show. Lots of blood and gore. The premise that a psychopath actually is doing good for the society is intriguing.FYI, the girl who plays Dexter's sister is his wife in real life. :ashamed:

hmm..is the quality any better than Tata Sky?..i am thinking of switching one of my TV's (currently on Tata sky) to airtel IPTV considering that after intial payment of 2000 its free as the monthly charges are included in my 512 K/1mbps unltd plan.

@sushabh How is the electronic prog. guide? Is it descriptive enough? Is it slow to browse still?Also, Do the channels instantly appear or do they take a couple of seconds to appear when I switch channels?Has there been objectionable downtimes with this service in the time you have been using this service.I am asking this because he had pointed out these problems in your IPTV installation photo thread.Just wondering how IPTV has progressed since the time you first started using it. :huh:EDIT : If I am dissatisfied with the service, can I discontinue it and go back to using just their broadband service. Or is there a inimum time period for which I have to subscribe to the service?EDIT 2 : I just contacted CC. They told me the installation cost would be 3999 + taxes. I was under the impression that the installation cost was 1999 for existing Airtel BB users. Care to clarify on this?

i have never used the electronic program guide because i think it sucks. channel change is pretty slow. comparable to DTH i guess. in fact... after you switch to a new channel, it plays in slow motion for 1-2 second 😀 it felt pretty funny initially. but i am used to it now. it's almost like surfing the web. channel change is like visiting a new site. it takes 1-2 second for the new site to arrive and it loads gradually. it's not that bad but feels like it. 🙂i faced some problems initially but the service has been reliable since then. the good thing is that you get the support from airtel. free and reliable. the STB is 'their headache' which is perhaps the best aspect of this service. you do not have to pay for repairs or replacements after a warranty period like in DTH. i paid 4K for the install in February this year. their package page states that it is much cheaper. i am not sure how that works out. 🙁 i think you can switch back to a regular broadband package without any worries. i guess the IPTV would stop working in that case.hmm. i moved to IPTV because DTH market has become too messy. and my cable guy is a nutcase. and it had delhi aaj tak which no DTH company was/is offering. that made my decision easy. 5500 is a big amount to pay for IPTV when you get no free watching period. 🙁

I read in some thread here that for existing BB users 1999/- installation offer was made.

Is it true?

----------

I read in some thread here that for existing BB users 1999/- installation offer was made.

Is it true?

oh yeah. when i read that, i was pretty annoyed with airtel!

----------

Digital TV from Airtel

see this page.

Activation charges* with Wifi Rs. 2499/-
Activation Charges* without Wifi Rs. 1999/-

it should cost you less on your existing broadband plan if you take this plan.

Digital TV from Airtel

the 4000 price tag is for the cheaper combo plan!

i suggest you call 121 again and ask for details.

Thank you fo rthe clarification.I recalled the CC and this guy told me that installation was 1999 + taxes without wifi. 😀Amazing how confused these CC guys are. I had specifically told the previous CC guy that I wanted the 1499 plan and that I was an existing Airtel BB user.

oh yeah. they are pretty confused related to IPTV plans. when i called in to switch to the new updated plan, i specifically told the call center person that they have launched new plans... he put me on hold for a couple of minutes and then confirmed the new plans. that made the process easier.it would have been a mistake on my part to assume that he knew about the new plans 😀 if i had told him to switch my plan to 1499. i think you should switch to IPTV. it's pretty cool. once you get used to the time shift feature you just cannot live without it. nowadays... i turn on my TV at around 11PM when most of the shows i watch have already finished. then i watch them on time shift. skipping all the ads. i bet i manage to save 1 hour of time everyday doing that.

I am almost certain that I am switching over to IPTV.The Only thing holding me back is that thingy about connecting the IPTV STB with my LCD monitor using my LCD TV box.I am afraid to call CC about this because I am not at all convinced that they have the brains to entertain this particular query of mine. Anything they say about this issue would have to be taken with a pinch of salt! :uhh:Common sense says that I should be fine, but that nagging doubt remains.Thanks for your time. 🙂

Hi guys Amit here i know the airtel iptv is not in my city yet but hopefully it will be here soon i just want to know can i use the airtel iptv on my laptop like i use intex externel tv tuner card to do for my cable network will it be same for iptv

Well, they show Joey on WB which is an awful awful show.

Not missing much if you are not watching WB IMO.

All the great shows are on bit-torrents I am afraid. Californication, Mad Men, Dexter, Glee.

I dare any channel in India to show Californication. The I&B ministry will have a coronary. 😢

californication is supposed to be there on FX which has begun transmission in India (With I&B approvals) thru Sun DTH

http://www.fxtvasia.com/series/californication

oh wow!I wonder how they are showing it? My guess is with lots of beep sounds and scene cuts. I can't imagine them showing the episodes in their original glory! :O

I ordered IPTV yesterday. A guy came and took the cheque. I went for the wifi 2499 installation 1499/month plan.He said IPTV will be installed either by 16th or on 18th. :grin:He was a little skeptical about my TVtuner box connecting with LCD thing. 😕I think I am going to be fine. keeping fingers crossed. 😀

congrats man. 🙂 that tells me that airtel iptv is available in dwarka! i was planning to shift to dwarka some months ago. but decided against it fearing lack of internet connectivity. 😛 any idea on what are the rental rates for a decent 2 bed room apartment? 😛

Status
Not open for further replies.