does bsnl iptv affect bandwidth??

shreeyashattal

Regular
ISP
BSNL Home UL Plan
today a demo personell of bsnl had cometo my place to show me EVDO cards..however i wasnt satisfied wid d performance.. and he suggested that if i prescribe IPTV, which requires a 8mbps streaming bandwidth, al the restrictions from my line are removed. so my question is will the internet speed jump too?? as they use the same port i think it's quite possible.. subscribers of iptv, pls post ur bandwidth test screenshots.

from what i have heard your speeds are likely to go down if you take IPTV on a BSNL connection. or maybe that problem was with MTNL... not sure. i am on airtel iptv. airtel has a different port system for both. IPTV is given 6-7 mb dedicated. they do not yet offer a 2mbps plan on IPTV. i am using 1mbps connection it works fine with IPTV. though i tend to get some minor jerks while watching television if i am doing a data intensive task on the computer.

from what i have heard your speeds are likely to go down if you take IPTV on a BSNL connection.

or maybe that problem was with MTNL... not sure.

i am on airtel iptv. airtel has a different port system for both. IPTV is given 6-7 mb dedicated. they do not yet offer a 2mbps plan on IPTV. i am using 1mbps connection it works fine with IPTV.

though i tend to get some minor jerks while watching television if i am doing a data intensive task on the computer.

yes, but wot about bsnl iptv?? seems logical to me! do we have any bsnl iptv users here?

As far as my info goes - internet & IPTV work independently on diff modes:

Internet on 0/35(VPI/VCI) in PPOE mode
IPTV on 0/100(VPI/VCI) in bridged mode

...when i was using iptv issues bwere not because of bandwidth availability but was because of either SNR (signal noise ratio) or Issues at the exchange - if SNR is less than 15 ~ 16 on bsnl network then performance of internet & iptv alike will be sluggish, also if they have issues @ the exchange the streaming will have issues.

----------

As far as my info goes - internet & IPTV work independently on diff modes:

Internet on 0/35(VPI/VCI) in PPOE mode
IPTV on 0/100(VPI/VCI) in bridged mode

...when i was using iptv issues bwere not because of bandwidth availability but was because of either SNR (signal noise ratio) or Issues at the exchange - if SNR is less than 15 ~ 16 on bsnl network then performance of internet & iptv alike will be sluggish, also if they have issues @ the exchange the streaming will have issues.