Netgear DG834gv5 schedling in PPPOE mode

swordfish123

ISP
bsnl ul900+
Hi guys,I just got a Netgear DG834gv5. I have set it up and is working fine. I need to know if there are any scripts to restart it for night usage. I had been using TST10 to run scripts to restart my old Huawei modem. It worked perfectly. Anyone using the Netgear DG834gv5 please post the script here. Or let me know some other way to restart the modem for night usageThanks

THis modem has to be in debug mode to login thru telnet and enter pass the reboot command.
I found a way to restart it in some other forum. It works fine. Will share it here.

1. Download CURL (cURL - Download - 7.18.2 - 1.2mb) and extract it a folder (ex: C:\BSNL). Scroll down and go to Win32-Generic section and download it.

**CURL is used to enable TELNET service by passing the router credentials along with the debugging URL.

2. Create a file called Netgear.txt and put it in the same folder as CURL(c:\BSNL). This file should contain the IP Address of your Netgear device (ex: 192.168.0.1) and nothing else.

3. Create a file called netgear.vbs using Notepad and put the following code in it:

'----BEGINNING-OF-SCRIPT-----
'Created for MAC filtering maintenance
'opens a TELNET session to all AP's
On Error Resume Next
strComputer = "."
filespec="C:\BSNL\netgear.txt" 'data file with IP addresses

Dim objFSO, a, s, WshShell, Windir, i, objWMIService

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

s = objFS😵pentextfile(filespec,1,true).ReadAll
a = Split(s,vbCrLf)

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WinDir = WshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%WinDir%")

For i=0 to UBound(a)
If Trim(a(i))"" Then
'Launch telnet session from the command line
WshShell.Run "telnet " & a(i)
'Wait until the application has loaded
WScript.Sleep 300
Set ColProcesses = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process",,48)
For Each Process in ColProcesses
If Process.Name = "Telnet " & a(i) Then
WshShell.AppActivate Process.Name
End If
Next
wscript.sleep 200
WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
wscript.sleep 200
WshShell.SendKeys "reboot"
wscript.sleep 200
WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
wscript.sleep 200
End If
Next
'----END-OF-SCRIPT-----

4. Create a batchfile using notepad called REBOOT.BAT with the code given below and put it in C:\BSNL.

cd C:\BSNL\
C:\BSNL\curl.exe --basic --user admin: password --url "http://192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?todo=debug"
cd C:\BSNL
C:\BSNL\curl.exe --basic --user admin: password --url "http://192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?todo=debug"
cd C:\BSNL
netgear.vbs

NOTE: Remove space in admin:" "password. I tried without a space. But it gives a smiley. By default username is admin and password is password. You might have to change this if yours is different

5. Use System Scheduler to run REBOOT.BAT at 2:05 am as well as 7:50 am.

Hi guys,

I just got a Netgear DG834gv5. I have set it up and is working fine. I need to know if there are any scripts to restart it for night usage. I had been using TST10 to run scripts to restart my old Huawei modem. It worked perfectly.

Anyone using the Netgear DG834gv5 please post the script here. Or let me know some other way to restart the modem for night usage

Thanks

Hello swordfish123,

I also have got the same netgear dg834gv5 and in dataone, i am unable to get it working. i.e. it only works on googletalk and gmail, all other sites it refuses to surf. My settings are VCI & VPI 0 & 35, MTU 1492, auto connect with NAT enabled.

If there are any deviations that i should select, please post here so that i can try the same. thanks in advance