Calculate What Speeds U Could Get

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,469
ISP
MTNL
In order to tell what maximum speed you can expect you need to know your line length or downstream line attenuation.

If you only know the line length, check here:

Remember that the distances in the chart represent the actual cable length, not straight line distance.

If you know your line attenuation (downstream), check your max attainable speed in this chart:

This is more accurate because the attenuation actually determines your max sync speed. Attenuation can be different for 2 lines of the same length depending on what quality cable BT used.

The speed in both charts is the maximum sync speed for a given line length or attenuation. Noise on the line will reduce the achiveable speed.

This hope will clear any speed related doubts
There is long way to go for MTNL to actually implement such high speeds
But worth a dekho

Nothin to worry for triband users as 256k connection is only affected if attnuation is more than 80

Due Credits : adsl.yesyes.info

Nice..thank youSo i shud get like 10mbps upstream..and 22mbps downstream?SNR Margin 31 12 dB Line Attenuation 24 41 dB Data Rate 507 511 kbps only that it wont ever happen 😉

sigh..that chart makes u dream.we will get there i know one day when the world is doin 50 and 100 Gbps per connection

err sanket.. i think the triband 256kbps connection get affected if your attenuation goes above 50.. it happened with me nah.. also happening with my friend whose attenuation is 53!! .. he aint getting the speed he used to get.. . i hope they fix it soon .anyways.. nice info there . 🙂

nice info but not that nice for sticky n one thingi posted the first image some time back on some thread in mtnl

It doesn't match up actually. Is anyone else having login problems on this site? I keep getting logged out automatically even after ticking remember me

this same happened to me tooI changed frm opera 8.54 -> Firefox 1.5 -> Opera 9 beta -> IE6 -> IE7 Beta 2Now workin fineYou gotta do 1 thingLogin and bookmark this triband pageand access this site frm bookmarks. It worked for me in IE 6 & 7