Planning to buy windows 7 home premium - cheapest

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 5,322

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
if you know someone who is a microsoft employee... the company store sells them at a bargain price. you should have ordered it 2 months ago when the upgrade was just around USD 50.

USD 50 is ok but u need a original vista of 120 usd so it costs USD 170the above link is 110 usd with upgarde.I have relatives and ex boss at ms but would not like to ask them favour ! 🙂

well its not really a favor since you are going to pay for it. :Sthey just need to buy a copy at the company store and give you the serial number. you get the copy whenever it is convinient! vista ultimate was priced at around USD 40. i am not sure about the win 7 pricing. so think again. ..you are supporting their company by buying original software! no one should get annoyed by that.

a friend in US college just purchased windows 7 ultimate for USD 40. its already on sale in campuses.

Use of this OEM System Builder Channel software is subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License. This software is intended for pre-installation on a new personal computer for resale. This OEM System Builder Channel software requires the assembler to provide end user support for the Windows software and cannot be transferred to another computer once it is installed. To acquire Windows software with support provided by Microsoft please see our full package "Retail" product offerings.

----------

i dont think they would sell it to retail customers.

Can you please explain in detail why this wont work?

coz OEM copies are designed to be sold with a brand new machine. they are not sold in the retail market.

So you are saying, if i get an OEM copy and install it, it wont work or wont get activated?

well i am not exactly sure how that works. i have seen PC assemblers having OEM copies here in india. and they end up using a single copy on multiple machines. but they are not designed to be sold separately so technically you cannot get them without buying a computer alongwith. the point is.if regular customers are allowed to buy OEM copies, why would they buy boxed versions?OEM stands for original equipment manufacturers. i think you are required to fulfill conditions and sign agreements to get these copies.

That i didnt know! i just thought they were scaled down versions without the fancy boxes and manuals. They are in a paper sleeve with just the CD and serial key embedded in them. I have to research further on this topic.Also i know for a fact that major retailers dont carry OEM versions as they are not allowed to sell them. Only certain places sell these, thats why the normal consumer would not know of this discrepancy in pricing.

anyone who has bought some computers in his life would know that system builders get them at a major discount. 🙂 windows xp on netbook costs as low as USD 5 to companies like Asus.

if i buy the vista with upgrade @ 110 usd can i install vista on a desktop and use the upgrade on my laptop which is running original vista home premium?