Mtnl Down - Helpless

• Thread starter Thread starter kamil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,664

kamil

It seems MTNL is down in the Andheri, Mumbai area since 8PM today, Luckily I got thru the tech engineer around 9 Pm who told me MTNl server had some issues, then at 11 PM I got thru one of those Idiotic Ladies who dont even know what IP stands for and she bluntly told me"Hamare saare server theek hai" I had to shout @ her to get me transferred to the so-called techie who started with his usual idiotic ways of solving my problem. finally after going thru everything he says "Tau phir shayad humara server mein problem hoga - Subah tak ruko theek ho jayega"Frankly I dont know whent to do when such problems strike, I am dead sure it is nothing at my end, my 2 MBPS line is my lifeblood with 12 users etc. when it works it works very well but I feel helpless during such downtimes.Can anyone help me with some ways to get problems solved with MTNL when there is a problem, I am fedup with 1504 service, I might have placed 50 complaints and have not even recd 1 call-back to ask if things r ok.

Hmm.I'm in andheri.all seems to be working fine here.getting 56kBps speed as I should. no issues.edit: funnily enough my Sify is down today.for the first time ever in months.

kamil: Try to get the SDE's email address from 1504, and concoct some story regarding the urgency of the matter. If you're lucky, you'll get an executive who isn't particularly officious, and he'll give you the details. Also try contacting the Area Manager or visiting the nearest Sanchar Haat. That is the main problem with MTNL - getting work done is immensely tedious.

And log on to the MTNL site from your city for the helpdesk email address. I'm in Delhi, so don't know about Bombay. Hope this helped.

muttster: Sify down for the first time in months? WOW - you must be of the lucky few in this country. I had a hellish connection, what with 50 odd days of disconnection in 90 from Dec through to Feb end. I now feel like an idiot for not switching to MTNL sooner, cause it works like a dream.

but i think mtnl is uniform in full mumbaiif it is down than down in all area

same story even this morning, "Humara server down hai, aap ne complain kiya hai?" as if my complaints are going to bring their server up - I havent seen such crappy service in my life

I don't think there is much that you can do in this case. ANY service will have downtime. A more professional organization will handle it in better ways but will be down sometimes.I suggest having a backup connection from Airtel/VSNL/Hathway that you can use if MTNL is down.

dude are u sure server was down in mumbai ???Cause i havent faced any such problem and if server is workin then no CC exec will dare to say to u that server is down What akash said about uniformity throughout Mumbai is true...Are u frm Delhi ??Kya baat hai i m noticing that delli wallas ki sankhya kam ho rahi hai :huh:

QUOTE(kamil @ May 2 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]49958[/snapback]
...Frankly I dont know whent to do when such problems strike, I am dead sure it is nothing at my end, my 2 MBPS line is my lifeblood with 12 users etc. when it works it works very well but I feel helpless during such downtimes.

Can anyone help me with some ways to get problems solved with MTNL when there is a problem, I am fedup with 1504 service, I might have placed 50 complaints and have not even recd 1 call-back to ask if things r ok.
[/b]

kamil, send an email to the Executive Director, Mumbai. His email address is not given on the MTNL Mumbai site but might be edm@bol.net.in 'cos the Delhi ED is on edd@bol.net.in. Or, fax him your woes on 24372033.

I've tried it in Delhi...complaining to the ED here works.

eskay