BSNL Broadband Modem - All lights always on, even when phone line is disconnected

• Thread starter Thread starter ervivek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,300

ervivek

ISP
BSNL
Hi All, I have BSNL Home 750 UL Plus plan. My modem is UT300R2U.For the first two months, everything worked fine. But for last almost one month, whenever I turn on the modem, all lights (POWER, LINK, USB) except for DATA indicator light up steadily and instantly. Earlier the LINK light used to blink for handshaking, and then light up steadily. Probably due to this problem Internet does not get connected. I have to switch off and on the modem at least 20-25 times repeatedly before it behaves in normal way. Another thing I have noted is even if I disconnect the ADSL line from modem and then turn it on, same three lights turn on (i.e. LINK light is on even without ADSL line connected).Please help me in finding out the fault. Is the modem faulty (its just 3 months since I got it installed). Or is it signal problem.

Are you using an ADSL splitter ?Do you get connected to Internet ?2.modem is purchased outright or on rentBSNL will replace it. Get it tested in your exchange.

i know its tooo late .. ! old..i have this exact problem.. even started a new thread now.. pls tell me how it got rectified ,thank you

Yes, I am using ADSL Splitter provided by BSNL. I had opted for outright purchase of modem.
how did you solve that problem..i have the smae problem.. i know its too long.. i have the same modem.. hope you find some time to reply me .. or remember how did it get solved 🙂 thanks