Fortune-Net aka Broadlane stinks

• Thread starter Thread starter Sudhir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 6,207

Sudhir

Dear forum,If you live in/near Dombivli (suburban Mumbai) and get tempted by promises of "broadband" cable internet @128 Kbps for cheap money, my advise is DON'T! There is a company called Broadlane Networks that has a subsidiary (?) "Fortune-Net " providing cable internet in this place. After using for a month, I am repenting. 4 KBps speed (my roltanet used to be faster), frequent breaks and polite but no-use helpdesk. Their system is utterly incapable of exceeding this speed limit but they wont admit it... I keep hearing they will fix the problem in a "day or two". I've heard this for a month now...So, my advise to prospective customers: stay away! Fortune-Net stinks!

Thanks for the review!

respected mr sudhir, i am also an customer of bnpl(fortune-net), but to be honest with you i am not at all dissatisfied with the kind of service they are giving to me.as their enng's are allways prompt for any problems i face, and as for your knowledge i have even called up their office in the face of midnight and got my problem solved, they have given me their enng's personal number and even they give me a reply even in the late of night like 1:00 am, i am really sorry to read whatever you have wrriten about them, and i make a request as an indian citizen and an isp customer which you were claiming that are not giving proper service please stop such kind of false accusing venkat pillai sheetal appt, A/6 manpada rd, dom (e)P.S if you think you are in real problem give me your address and i will personally ask them to sort it out

Originally posted by venkat pillai@Jan 17 2005, 09:42 PM
respected mr sudhir,
                              i am also an customer of bnpl(fortune-net), but to be honest with you i am not at all dissatisfied with the kind of service they are giving to me.
as their enng's are allways prompt for any problems i face, and as for your knowledge i have even called up their office in the face of midnight and got my problem solved, they have given me their enng's personal number and even they give me a reply even in the late of night like 1:00 am, i am really sorry to read whatever you have wrriten about them, and i make a request as an indian citizen and an isp customer which you were claiming that are not giving proper service please stop such kind of false accusing 
                                                                  venkat pillai
                                                                sheetal appt, A/6
                                                                manpada rd, dom (e)

P.S if you think you are in real problem give me your address and i will personally ask them to sort it out
[snapback]4489[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hello Mr Pillai, I have neither the need nor the time to go about falsely accusing people. What I have written is my own personal experience and I stand by its truth. Ya, I also have the engineer's cellphone number but he sometimes answers, sometimes not. Their helpdesk closes promptly at 9 and I dont know what the hell you are talking about, getting help at 1 am!! It's true that fortune-net connection is fast in SOME cybers: thats hardly my lookout as an individual customer. I am ONLY interested in speed and I dont get it, despite being promised.

Update: does not connect at night and my disconnection request has fallen on deaf ears.

P.S if you think you are in real problem give me your address and i will personally ask them to sort it out
[/b]

so you are connected with them, eh?

well i helped few guys with their problems with sify broadband while i was on it coz i came to know certain people in the customer support due to my own problems. maybe he has too.

Originally posted by Sudhir@Jan 19 2005, 06:11 PM
Hello Mr Pillai, I have neither the need nor the time to go about falsely accusing people. What I have written is my own personal experience and I stand by its truth. Ya, I also have the engineer's cellphone number but he sometimes answers, sometimes not. Their helpdesk closes promptly at 9 and I dont know what the hell you are talking about, getting help at 1 am!! It's true that fortune-net connection is fast in SOME cybers: thats hardly my lookout as an individual customer. I am ONLY interested in speed and I dont get it, despite being promised.

Update: does not connect at night and my disconnection request has fallen on deaf ears.
so you are connected with them, eh?
[snapback]4599[/snapback]
[/quote]

I just joined this forum and I was surprised to find Fortunenet forum for I thought I would have to introduce a place called Dombivli having a broadband providers. Its great to already find forums regarding broadbands in dombivli...

I COMPLETELY agree with Sudhir and each word of his is right.. I mean their polite(at times). I used to get (by mistake i guess)255 kbps speed for a month with download speeds of around 8kbps but now the speed has reduced to around 4 and less than that.
The connections stop without notice and after repeated reminders they put it back to shape. By then u start thinking.. wy did i take this ISP.

I must say that Mr. Pillai would have been very fortunate to get a connection like that and to get service even at midnight. I really had testing times when I first payed the half payment for installation and only after repeated reminders that they came to install my place. The person at the desk was a ruffian and equally rude.

Btw is SIFY a good alternative in Dombivli with regards to speeds

best

Originally posted by Sudhir@Jan 11 2005, 08:13 PM
Dear forum,

If you live in/near Dombivli (suburban Mumbai) and get tempted by promises of "broadband" cable internet @128 Kbps for cheap money, my advise is DON'T! There is a company called Broadlane Networks that has a subsidiary (?) "Fortune-Net " providing cable internet in this place. After using for a month, I am repenting. 4 KBps speed (my roltanet used to be faster), frequent breaks and polite but no-use helpdesk. Their system is utterly incapable of exceeding this speed limit but they wont admit it... I keep hearing they will fix the problem in a "day or two". I've heard this for a month now...

So, my advise to prospective customers: stay away! Fortune-Net stinks!
[snapback]4326[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have recently taken connection from fortunenet Dombivlithe connection is under unlimited catagory.To my surprise it took hardly 30 minuits to get the connection.The connection worked for more than 24 hours without any trouble.within next 2/3 days trouble started and since then the connection never worked at all. Last 6 days I was visiting the Fortunenet office and was taking the response in writing, every time the response was very positive saying somebody will come and connection will start within next 2/3 Hrs.I feel it is high time to join this type of forum and high light the short commings so that service can improve and all dombivlikars will have happy surfing.Koparkar :lol:Can the users of Fortune-Net come together and do somethingKoparkar

View attachment 389
Originally posted by Sudhir@Jan 11 2005, 08:13 PM
Dear forum,

If you live in/near Dombivli (suburban Mumbai) and get tempted by promises of "broadband" cable internet @128 Kbps for cheap money, my advise is DON'T! There is a company called Broadlane Networks that has a subsidiary (?) "Fortune-Net " providing cable internet in this place. After using for a month, I am repenting. 4 KBps speed (my roltanet used to be faster), frequent breaks and polite but no-use helpdesk. Their system is utterly incapable of exceeding this speed limit but they wont admit it... I keep hearing they will fix the problem in a "day or two". I've heard this for a month now...

So, my advise to prospective customers: stay away! Fortune-Net stinks!
[snapback]4326[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi i too am Fortune net user from dombivli.I too was getting speed of 100-150 kbps for the past mnth.But now it has stopped does any one know the reason for it.🙂

I am also from the same suburb. I heard that BSNL is offering 2 MBPS speed at just only Rs.250/- per month with a cap of 1 GB per month. I also heard that the service is very good and speed upto the mark. I am surprised, why people talk of other providers while such good service is available ?.I quite enjoyed your fights.

1 GB limit is the problem dude. 2 mbps is fast enough to finish the limit in a matter of hours.

For those FORTUNE-NET & SIFY users, who do not know anything about BSNL DAYANIDHI MARAN BROADBAND. Rs. 250/- per month = 2 mbps speed = 1 gb transfer limitRs.500/- per month = 2 mbps speed = 2.5 gb transfer limit per month plus night from 2 am to 8 am unlimited downloadsRs.900/- per month = 256 kbps speed = unlimited transfers and no limits plus a rent free dedicated phone line if opted for.No other service provider gives above charted connections in our suburb. Afterall it goes into govt. coffers. One way we can contribute ?I think this is quite comparable to any other service elsewhere too !