• Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 7,565

breakyo

Regular
ISP
bharti airtel
Hi there 🙂, I tried to set up port forwarding for beetel 450 bx1,

please let me know if i entered any info wrongly 🙂

Have you tried portforward.com for information on this?

Have you tried portforward.com for information on this?

Hi 🙂. Yes I did try, but it was confusing and the procedure to set up port forwarding was explained only for 220 bx modem, which did not help and rather confused me as I have 450 bx1 installed. But I searched this forum and found the right way to port forward my modem. I had to do it under NAT > virtual servers, and not under NAT > port triggering, and it worked 😀 . ty 🙂

configure the same port in u r Utorrnent ....................... thats it ............ give the same port ... and another thing ... if u have any firewall it will block tooo ............Disabled the port in the firewall if u have any ?

configure the same port in u r Utorrnent .......................

thats it ............ give the same port ...

and another thing ... if u have any firewall it will block tooo ............

Disabled the port in the firewall if u have any ?

Hey there, Kanishka. Thanks for paying attention to my thread and responding to it. 🙂. Well, yes I did give the same port number in utorrent ( version 1.8.4, build 16381). But the mistake I was doing was I was entering the information under the page NAT > port triggering, whereas it should be entered under NAT > virtual servers. and it worked, and the port is open now 🙂.

I do not have any other firewalls apart from Windows firewall, and utorrent is added under exceptions in the firewall under the exceptions tab. so I don't think Windows Firewall was blocking the incoming connection. Anyways, the is Port is open and accepting connections.

I have a few questions for you,

1) what speed do you get while downloding torrent files?
2) which torrent downloading software do you use? I use Utorrent.
3) is it important to upload in torrent files? or just download it?
4) is port forwarding the done the same way in BSNL connection like how it is done in Airtel connections and modem?

here is the screen cap :

screencap - 2

as you can see in the screen cap, the protocol selected is TCP/UDP, I wasn't sure of which one to use, as there were three option, 1) tcp 2) TCP/UDP & 3) udp. i selected tcp/udp and it worked 😀. anyways, will the port be forwarded if i select tcp only or udp only, under the protocol?
Thank you once again. 🙂