AM I THE FIRST ONE?

• Thread starter Thread starter impetus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 18,859
Cool!

actually for most people dialup still works well. esp if you have a good telephone line. i tried mantra through my airtel telephone line and it was rocking smooth. BSNL however s*cks.

Yes, infact the safest bet these days is the take MTNL's unlimited phone usage plan with an ISP like mantra 🙂

actually it depends upon the line condition.

Tried with mtnl and rolta b4r (abt a year ) . Wasnt happy with bills and switched to sify

I use BSNL's Internet Phone with Dishnet's (now TataIndicom) Unlimited yearly dialup pack. The monthly cost is Rs.750 on an average, and I download more than 6 GB in a month. Considering the Broadband picture ( or is it "Narrow" band ?) in India, I think I am happy.

right u are. most 'broadband' providers provide poor services even when compared to dialup.

I have been using the accountless internet on BSNL line before I switched to DataOne. I think the secret behind getting good dial-up speed and reliability is the quality of cabling the company provides. Please check whether there are any joints in the line connecting ur home to junction box. If there are any, call up fault repair and ask them to change the wire. Also use modem tweaking s/w and kep-alive s/w to minimize disconnects. Update modem drivers, install patches. I was satisfied with the speed on BSNL line. Use FreeDownloadManager. It simply rocks on dial-up. I used to get upto 10KBps at times !

Originally posted by puja399@Feb 19 2005, 02:44 AM
I use BSNL's Internet Phone with Dishnet's (now TataIndicom) Unlimited yearly dialup pack. The monthly cost is Rs.750 on an average, and I download more than 6 GB in a month. Considering the Broadband picture ( or is it "Narrow" band ?) in India, I think I am happy.
[snapback]6079[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi ,
Would like to know what BSNL's internet phone is. Can u please give some pointers?