Dropbox Updates

• Terms of Service. We’ve clarified that Dropbox may only be used by those over 13 in the United States, and 16 outside of the United States. We’ve also made updates to our dispute resolution terms.
• Privacy Policy. Our goal is to make Dropbox a great place for collaboration with the people you work with. To support this, we’ve explained when collaborators and potential collaborators might see some of your basic information. We’ve also added details on our data transfer mechanisms and our updated process for data deletion requests.

If you choose to back up your computer, you can only back up files and folders from the hard drive with the Dropbox desktop app on it (usually the drive where your operating system is installed). If you have other drives installed, they won’t be included in the backup.

So only one HDD is supported with the ability to roll back up to 30 days. For $60/year.

This article describes alpha features available to customers:
  • On Dropbox Professional, Essentials, Business, Business Plus, and some customers on Dropbox Standard and Advanced.
  • In countries with the preferred language set to English.
    • Excluding Canada, the UK (United Kingdom), and countries within the EEA (European Economic Area).

I guess free users don't have the setting. Didn't see it on my end. It may mean that free users have no choice. Their data may be shared without their consent and without giving them an option of turning it off?

Dropbox is sending invites to select free customers for the past few months. Priced at $1.99/month ($23.88/year), they either offer 50 GB or 100 GB at the same price. I am being offered 50 GB. Right now, they are giving a 20% yearly discount for Christmas. Could have offered 100 GB instead.

zTkiMMU.webp