Utstarcom Bridge Mode Configuration And Automatic Router Reboot

• Thread starter Thread starter cyberwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 45,410
Cyberwiz,Its my myth or reality ; pleasehelp me .From past few days I keep the cmd window open pinging the default gateway and the router, default gateway being the one shown in the router window. What I have observed is that after doing so there is not even a single disconnection.Cyberwiz,After i have started this practise , ie , pinging the default gateway and the router I am getting a stable connection dedicated connection without any DC. Please tell me that its just co incident or the tweak works really !!NOTE : Earlier I used to face DC 2-3 times a day where the default gateway timed out the request.( request timed out error from default gateway).

^ why do u need to ask? if its working continue with it@amogh..the firmware might be different and it might require slightly different commands than the ones given in the script..do a telnet reboot manually and note the commands that u have to type..just include these into the script and it should work fine

Cyberwiz,It doesnt works! 🙁 today the default gateway timed out and accordingly wasnt able to open pages.Cyberwiz, whenever my default gateway times out i reboot my router after which things are back to normal ,ie my net is again OK.In the router diagnostic test help link it is said that if the default gateway is down even then we can surf net , ie connect to internet , is it true cyberwiz? please tell me how i can fix this issue of default gateway permanently.How I can fix things automat... when default gateway times out.If I buy a static IP form MTNL will things improve at my end ?BTW any one else facing this issue.Thanks for ur suport,

Cyberwiz,
In the router diagnostic test help link it is said that if the default gateway is down even then we can surf net , ie connect to internet , is it true cyberwiz?

No
please tell me how i can fix this issue of default gateway permanently.How I can fix things automat... when default gateway times out.
Have u tried a new modem?

If I buy a static IP form MTNL will things improve at my end ?
No

cyberwiz seems to have a PhD in UT Starcom routers 😛.

naah feel like i have become a mommy of somebody :ashamed:

Alright the script was somewhat different for my router. So now I realize that in Bridged mode, it's not necessary to reboot the router, right? Or do we have to reboot in order for it to be counted as a new session?

Only connecting/disconnecting will suffice right?

Plus my Scheduled Tasks are not working... even right clicking on them and clicking Run doesn't do a thing... cyberwiz help!

Also, could you please tell me why Datafox isn't able to load records... My usage check page is MTNL Usage Check Page and not MTNL Usage Check Page.
My userid is telno@a... help!

I had used this guide to connect via bridge a few years ago. That time I was using windows xp. Now I tried to follow the same steps but was unable to do it. I wonder if I am missing something or there is more to it in case of win7. Also I have this connected to an Asus router running ddwrt. There are some options of running the bridge mode on router page as well. How do I go about it?

A friend helped me setup a NAS. To access it through internet, he suggests that I change my connection type to bridge mode and use noip service. I dont know whether it makes a sense for you or not. But that is the gist of what he wants me to do.