Utstarcom Bridge Mode Configuration And Automatic Router Reboot

• Thread starter Thread starter cyberwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 45,419
🙂

I've completed all the steps, but i'm unable to figure out how to schedule the reboot.(It says "Create a task to run tst10.exe with the command line parameter /r:reboot.txt." ). how do i do that? And also i want to know that how can i schedule the running of the download program at that time, for eg.- running of a torrent client for download.

its quite simple u have to create a scheduled task by goin into Control Panel >> Scheduled Tasks (win xp)

The task manager will load the various executable files of the progs that are installed on ur comp. If tst10.exe is not listed u can browse to its directory and select it. Next u need to add the parameter r:/reboot.txt

see the attached screenshot for more info. Automatic_reboot directory will be replaced by the folder where u have put tst10.exe. Remember to rename ur reboot file as reboot.txt.

U can similarly add the exe of the torrent client in the scheduled task thru the task manager and then specify watever time u want it to run.

http://imageshack.us

OK, i did that, and i tried running the scheduled task, and the dialog of the program does come up, but it doesn't reboot my modem. Where have i gone wrong? (I have completed all other steps i.e. reconfigured my modem, switched over to bridged mode, changed the IP address, created a network connection)The username and password which I have to put in the reboot.txt file -Is it the Modem web interface one or the one I enter at register.bol.net.in?And if somebody can tell me what is the difference b/w bridged mode & PPPoE mode?

apoorv, if u would have read the tut carefully and searched the forum u would have got answers to most of ur questions

anywayz, i think u have got mixed up with the reboot methods. U are using the reboot method of PPPoE mode on the bridge mode which obviously wont work

Once u switch to bridge mode u dont need scripting utility ie. TST10.exe. Wat u need is a task scheduler like free download manager (its a download manager with scheduler built into it) to dial the connection that u have created.

follow this link to learn abt difference/advantage of bridge mode over PPPoE/A mode (post #7 onwards)

https://broadband.forum/index.php?showtop...450&#entry19450

BTW, the username password in reboot.txt is the modem username password and not the MTNL username password

Ok, i downloaded free download manager, i have added a task to dial and hang up the connection you told me to create. But that doesn't reboot the modem. So is just disconnecting the connection equivalent to a reboot?Also , while dialing the connection, most of the times free download manager is unable to connect. and though i have set all the properties correctly (I've increased the max number of dialing attempts to 100, removed pause b/w atempts to redial, removed any kind of confirmation) still, the download manager does not try to redial after 1 attempt. Does anybody else have the same problem?

QUOTE(Apoorv Khatreja @ Nov 8 2006, 10:14 PM) [snapback]68202[/snapback]
So is just disconnecting the connection equivalent to a reboot?
[/b]

Yes.

Also , while dialing the connection, most of the times free download manager is unable to connect. and though i have set all the properties correctly (I've increased the max number of dialing attempts to 100, removed pause b/w attempts to redial, removed any kind of confirmation) still, the download manager does not try to redial after 1 attempt.[/b]

Increase the time between redial attempts, keep it 3-4 secs. U can use windows task scheduler to dial the connection as well. Just create a text file with the following line

rasdial dslname username password

dslname is to be replaced by name of ur connection
username is MTNL username
password ur MTNL password

save this text file with *.bat extension for eg.. connect.bat ; dsl.bat etc and then schedule this script to run through windows task scheduler.

OK, thanks. Well i figured it out myself though.

I found that on ticking the 'try again' option, i could connect.
Thanks, anyways.

Umm.....sorry to disturb you again , but i'm having the same problem again. I tried the other method that you told me, but with no success. Increasing the time b/w attempts also has no effect. It seems as if Free Download Manager doesn't give it a second try at all.Is there any free alternative similar to FDM? Or any solutions obviously.

disable redialling from FDM. Open the dialer window click "properties" goto "options" >> redialling options and check the box which says "redial if line is dropped"and fill in the rest of the parameters.This should work.

man i am wondering why u r having so many disconnections? I stay online for days on end without any disconnection. U sure ur line parameters are correct, no parallel wiring before the splitter?

Have u disabled DHCP in the modem while configuring bridge mode? assigned static IP to lan card?

EDIT : try this one out

http://www.gammadyne.com/conkeep.htm

I'm not having disconnections, Its just that on dialing the connection it takes a few attempts to get connected. This is the error I get, but i usually get connected after 3-4 attempts.

The redial attempts are working fine if i use the shortcut to the connection on my desktop.
Its just that FDM doesn't even try to redial. If i can somehow figure how to FDM to redial my connection, my problem is solved. Also if there is a way through which i can schedule the encircled shortcut to run at a specific time, my problem is solved.

And ya i have disabled DHCP and i have assigned a static IP to my lan card.