Airtel adds advertising before paid hello tune!

ISP
BSNL Fiber 750GB
I don't know whether its because of some idiot in the company taking bad decision or Airtel been pushed to do things like this. But surely , the company has taken a path which is sure to raise question and annoy people in new , improved , different manner.Airtel today has added its hello tune Advertising before each Hello Tune Song the user paid so that when his friends , relative call him they can hear the song while they wait for the call to be attended.The Advertising which last about 7 seconds , is a serious issue as , Airtel is using people`s money to use their advertising. A normal person would pick a phone/call within 10-15 seconds and what is the purpose of one keeping the HelloTune when almost half of the time is purely advertisement from the company.We had the same issue with BSNL , but its time we stand united and show these greedy Corporates that their plan of using our money to advertise their product is not going any further.

Now Airtel is going with the footsteps of BSNL 😢

You can sue the company for sure and guaranteed to win, unless u picked the service under some free offer.

Suing is a painful process in India, but in this particular case, the company does seem largely at fault, unless they play the ad even before the line is connected [ringing starts]

updated my blog with link to your blog . Hope people respond well and based on it we can file a petition. And , personally i thank you for taking up the issue. ( First form of attack ) 😱hyea:

it would be interesting to see the number of people who are affected. few people use caller tunes (i wont pay it personally). and a few won't even realize this new behavior coz they are not the ones calling! 🙂

yes you are right , but the issue is not only with Airtel .. but also on BSNL , and i know many who are unknowingly using HT , coz most of them are gov employee who dont know much about mobiles , so without knowingly activate thier HT. eg , my mom. she doesnt know how much it is and all....can u link back to my blog entry from your blog. i did to yours. i have added a recorded sample. it would be useful .i have made threads in Thinkdigit , Techenclave. there are pretty good replies. lets see.. how it gains momentum. On monday i will call the CC and ask them to connect to chief and talk with him.

well This stuff used to happen in VF as well some months back, but some time back they removed this.