suggest a computer configuration

• Thread starter Thread starter sudesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 8,990

sudesh

ISP
Tata
My current listMotherboard - Gigabyte GA-EG41MF-S2HProcessor - intel quad core Q6600 / Q9400RAM - Corsair XMS2 800 MHz 2x2GBHDD - WD Caviar 500 GB(1TB)Graphic card - Saffire HD 4670 SuperCabinet - Iball work horseKeyboard - Ergonomic Keyboard 4000Mouse - Any Logitech Optical MouseOptical Drive - LG GH22Monitor - Samsung 2200sw+but i thought of change as DDR3 ram has got cheap now (not really cheap though)so can some body suggest a mobo with it and any change in my config for bettermy budget 45 to 50k.

If your Budget does not include a monitor then I suggest you go for Intel's latest processor Core i7. It only supports DDR3 RAM.

I recently bought an Intel Core i7 920 PC for 48k (only the machine, no monitor). Its definitely a workhorse :irock:.

For more information about Core i7 visit:
Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Overview

You can also Google for more info.

This is the specifications of my PC😛rocessor: Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHzMotherboard: MSI X58 Pro-EMemory: G-SKill 3GB (1GBX3) DDR3 1333MHzHDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATAGraphics card: MSI NVIDIA 9500GT 1GB GDDR3PSU: SilverStone ST40F 400WCabinet: Zebronics BijliThe total cost of the above items when I purchased was Rs.46,000. I also bought other stuffs so the price came to Rs.48,000.If you are interested in serious gaming then I suggest you go for a NVIDIA card higher than 9500GT and if possible go for an extreme motherboard of Asus/Gigabyte but that will cost you approximately Rs.10,000 more.

thx zeo for config,i m not a serious gamer, rather not at all a gamer, the last game i played i believe was cs ground zero.i need a rig for my development purpose(i m a programmer).i would like to ask wht is difference between other quad core and core i7 they both are quad core processors.

Here are two good articles explaining the architecture of Core i7 and differences between Quad 2 Core and Core i7:

Intel Core i7-920 Processor BX80601920 | BX80601920,Core,i7-920,Intel Nehalem,CPU,Processor,Intel Core i7-920 Nehalem Processor BX80601920 Performance Benchmark CPU Test Review Article | Benchmark Reviews Performance Tests

Intel Core i7 "Nehalem" 920, 940 & 965 XE Processor Review

Hope you got what you wanted. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them.

thx zeo for those articleswell the nehlam architecture definetly faster but is it worth it, if i consider i would have bought Q9200 thts 12.5k approx and with core i7 920 which is 15.5k difference 3k tht wld be worth.hmm...............................well anyway i m thinking of ddr3 and good mobo MSI seems fine but gigabyte seems better the price diff is huge nearly i will cost me 18k+ more.......

Comparing Core i7 with Core 2 Quad is like comparing Core 2 duo with Pentium D (Dual Core). You obviously would go for Core 2 duo even though both are dual processors.Core i7 has on-chip memory controller and Intel has done away with the FSB bottleneck in Core i7 by introducing a high speed direct memory communication path called 'Quick Path Interconnect (QPI)'.If you still want to go for Core 2 Quad (Q9200) then I suggest you have a look at AMD's Phenom X4. They give better performance but for a much lesser price.

where do u stay zeo if u use mtnl i believe ur from mumbaican u get an approx price frm the place u bought....... if u can.Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Processor - intel Core i7 920RAM - Kingston 2 x 2 GB 1300 MHz DDR3HDD - WD Caviar 500 GB(1TB)Graphic card - Saffire HD 4670 SuperCabinet - Iball work horseKeyboard - Ergonomic Keyboard 4000Mouse - Any Logitech Optical MouseOptical Drive - LG GH22Monitor - Samsung 2200sw+i hope after seeing the amount i wld not faint :O

@sudesh: I bought my PC from Lamington Road. You can see the prices on the site which manu1991 posted. The prices mentioned at that site are more-or-less comparable to what I had purchased for.

I personally suggest you to go to Lamington Road and take your PC's quotations from 6-8 different shops there. You will then come to know the best deal among them.

Also do take into consideration about 1-2% variation in the prices at the time of taking quotation and when you actually purchase cuz the prices fluctuate on daily basis.

P.S.: If you are buying a monitor also, then your total price of your current configuration is surely going to exceed Rs.60,000 :O!

thx manu, the site is realy good for getting price.New Config..Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R 14250i-920 2.66GHz (8MB L3 Cache) 14900Corsair DDR3 2 X 2GB DDR3 1333MhZ 6050Seagate 1 Terabyte (32 MB Buffer) 7200.12 4450Sapphire HD 4670 512MB DDR3 4350I-Ball Workhorse (With 400W SMPS) 2000Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 2700Logitech Optical Optical 400LG GH22 1200Samsung LCD 2233SW+ 9200Grand Total = 59500so i will have to shell out 60k for my new rig 😕well i reserved few bucks for my NAS server(wd mybook nas 1 tb) i will have forget it for a while may for lot a while...............k i hope i buy it near by.my ass wld burn like hell afterwards whn some of frind wld buy new one with same component less thn half the price :wall:

What exactly do you need such a high end configuration for ? , also if you can wait , better to wait for i5 , would be awesome VFMAlso not just for prices , that website is owned by a guy who has a shop in lamington road , pretty trustable guy , you can buy from him

@sudesh: I suggest you go for Triple channel kit DDR3 RAM; either 3GB (1GBx3) or 6GB (2GBx3) rather that Dual channel kit 4GB (2GBx2) as you will get more throughput in triple channel than in dual channel.

Also I suggest you go for a good SPMS like Cooler Master or SilverStone instead of iBall's built-in SMPS cuz most of the time SMPS create problems.
Go for a higher wattage SMPS if you want to overclock your CPU or you want to connect many internal/peripheral devices.

@manu1991: i5 will be a low end version of i7. So definitely i5 will be priced lower than i7.

Yes , most hardware websites say it will deliver 80% of the perf of i7 at 50% of the price so makes sense to wait for it