• Thread starter Thread starter gardener
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 11,315

gardener

ISP
SIFI
SIFY - No 1 FRAUDSTERS

Even though I have become forum member recently. I would like to share a very very bitter experience with SIFY and the fraudulant methods applied by them to extract their pound of flesh from helpless subscribers..

I am a subcriber of the plan called FK3M - 256 Happy Hour Scheme (Screen No 1).
Screen No 1:
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8342/sify03.jpg

We are having regular power outage due to load shedding and during which my PC and local SIFY network remains switched off. Even then my account showed mind boggling download. How it is possible to download 856 MB in flat 2 hours time when SIFY network itself is OFF due to load shedding. Also by what speed the download must have taken place (BY SOMEBODY HACKING MY ACCOUNT)?? Here is the screen shot for your viewing..
Screen No 2:

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2275/sify01.jpg

My local network service provider directed me to file complaint with SIFY customer care. Who so ever manning 1800 345 3330 toll free number was so stubborn that he insisted that "IT IS POSSIBLE TO USE SIFY NETWORK EVEN DURING NETWORK DOWN PERIOD". I was aghast by his reply.:wall:

Ultimately I wrote a complaint to Mr. Bhaskar S, SIFY customer care manager the text of which is quoted here..

My reference:
Sifybroadband User ID: dhun02
Product code: FK3M
Service Plan Description: FamilyPack256kbps-Mumbai-3months

Attn: Bhaskar S

Manager @ Customer Care,

I was really shocked and felt very cheated to find that my session detail shows that I have supposed to have downloaded 856.35 MB in just 2 hours. Here are the details.

My Session ID: 121751947810.40.253.10,
Start time: 2008-08-01, 08:32:44
End time: 2008-08-01, 10:29:45
Bytes Used (in MB): 856.35

I would like to inform you that our locality has daily electricity load shedding from 5:00 am to 9:30 am every day and my pc remains switched off during this period. Even there is no SIFY LAN connection during this period. Therefore how it is possible to connect to sify network when there is no electricity supply? You can confirm this with your service provider Mr. Shailesh Oswal in Panvel. I am attaching the screen shots of the session details for your perusal.

I request you to investigate the matter very urgently and provide any relief against the days that may be deducted from my user account. Also please find out whether my IP address is being hacked by some unkown user because this is the second incident to occur within a week. I will be left with no option but to launch a criminal police complaint against SIFY in case relief is NOT provided.

Yours Sincerely,
Ultimately after much follow-up I was given the relief..by giving a package called N7DU which is unlimited download for 7 days period.

I would like to know if anybody else has suffered like me?

Thanks for reading my suffering...

gardener..

welcome to the club of sify broadband sufferers. the problems faced by you are the same i used to face like 4-5 years ago. sify has not improved a single bit in the recent years.the best advice for you would be to find a new service provider. they are not going to improve. if you want something better, discard them.

I am sometimes surprised that Sify still has customers :O Wherever an alternative is present - even if it is BSNL / MTNL - it is worth the shift.

admin is right.I was a sify fan since last 6 years. But they have not changed a bit and will never change. Their plans are BAD.I am now shifting to MTNL 512 unlimited from sept. Good bye sify.I was a sifyfan , adminji can I rename my name to mtnlfan? :bowtoyou:

Hey Adminji,,,, Impressed with my name change !!Thanks !

hey quite surprised there still users of sickfy....use sify at your own risk..atlest guys even you local cable interent but please avoid sickfy..:frown:

buddy whatever it it happened with me ... they gave me a compensation ... of 10 dayz unlimited against 15 days which were left... i had the same package.... u shus have cald them ....

ask them for 5 days more if you tell them (call center). In fact they will give you six days as the packs are in multiple of 2.