Jobs at Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 177
  • Views Views 64,677
Status
Not open for further replies.
Humm then ru going for SC connector r ST connector which 1?

SC.

Here are the full specs for those that are technically inclined:

Common Specifications
N E T W O R K I N T E R FAC E

• FSAN (G.984.2) compliant GPON interface with 2.5 Gb/s down-stream and 1.25 Gb/s upstream
• Integrated Triplexers or bidirectional transceivers for single fiber with 1490 nm downstream, 1310 nm upstream, and optional 1550 nm downstream for RF video overlay
• Single mode fiber (SC/APC connector)
• FSAN Class B+ optics with up to 20 km reach
• Support for up to 1:64 splits per PON
• FSAN (G.984.3) compliant GPON Encapsulation Method (GEM) protocol for efficient IP/Ethernet service traffic transport
• FSAN (G.984.3) compliant packet fragmentation for bandwidth efficiency
• FSAN (G.984.3 and G.983.2) compliant Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation
• Standards-compliant Advanced Encryption System (AES) for downstream and upstream data security
• Standards-compliant Forward Error Correction (FEC) for better performance.

M A N AG E M E N T
• FSAN (984.4) compliant OMCI interface for ONT management via OLT using TL1, Alcatel-Lucent 5528 Web-based Access Manager (WAM), Alcatel-Lucent 5523 AWS Network Management System.

P OT S I N T E R FAC E
• Compatible with existing CPEs (e.g., analog phones with rotary and tone dial, cordless phones, fax, modem, caller ID boxes)

S P E C I F I C A T I O N S
• Screw terminal connectors with RJ-11 jacks for inside wiring tests (except on indoor ONT)
• Metallic Loop Testing (MLT)
• Loop Start signaling
• Ringing: 5 REN/line
• Balanced sinusoidal ring signal with 18 V DC offset: 40 VRMS
• Off-hook DC current: 25 mA
• Line impedance: 600 Ω
• DC supervisory range: 500 Ω

C L A S S 5 - B A S E D VO I C E S E R V I C E S

• Voice loop emulation over GPON with ITU-T H.248/Megaco signaling
• Dedicated GPON GEM-ports and Allocation-ID for voice traffic prioritization
• Class-5 interface (i.e., V5.2 via PSTN Gateway GenBand G6)

N E X T- G E N E R AT I O N N E T W O R K -B A S E D VO I C E S E R V I C E S

• SIP client software in 7342 ONT for POTS to VoIP interworking
• Softswitch interface (with SIP signaling) via attached routed network
• Compatible or interoperability testing in progress or in completion for Nortel CS2K, Broadsoft, Netcentrix, and Sonus, Alcatel-Lucent FS3000 and FS5000

FA S T / G I G A B I T E T H E R N E T I N T E R FAC E
• IEEE 802.3 compliant 10/100Base-T ports or GigE with 10/100/1000 Base-T port
• RJ-45 jacks
• Link and Mode LEDs
• Full-duplex operation
• Auto-negotiation

D ATA S E R V I C E I N T E R FAC E
• Managed and unmanaged gateway and service models
• Supports both PPPoE- and DHCP-based service models
• Up to 8 classes of service for traffic prioritization via 802.1p or DSCP marking
• Bandwidth guarantees based on Committed Information Rate (CIR) and Peak Information Rate (PIR)
• IEEE 802.1x port-based authentication

I P V I D E O S E R V I C E I N T E R FAC E

• Compatible with 3rd party IP video set-top boxes (STB) connected via ONT Ethernet interface
• IP multicast via Internet group management protocol (IGMPv3) snooping
• Supports both IPoE and PPPoE encapsulated IGMP messages
• FSAN standards-compliant multicast using a single GEM Port-ID for all video traffic
• Maximum of 64 multicast streams per ONT Ethernet user interface or per LP-MDU-ONT VDSL2/GigE user interface.
• Multicast bandwidth allocation and traffic prioritization

R F V I D E O S E R V I C E I N T E R FAC E
• Coaxial port (75 Ω F connector)
• Operating Wavelength Range: 1550 nm to 1560 nm
• Operating RF bandwidth: 47 MHz to 870 MHz
• Video output power: 14 dBmV for I and O-Series ONTs, 33dBmV for LP-MDU-ONTs

C E R T I F I C AT I O N
• CE certified I-Series ONT

S YS T E M T Y P E
• Indoor wall mount or desktop stand
• One GPON network interface with 2.5 Gb/s downstream and 1.25 Gb/s upstream
• Single-mode fiber connector (SC/APC)

S E R V I C E I N T E R FAC E S
• Up to two 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet interface with RJ-45 jacks
• Up to two POTS via RJ-11 jacks
• Optional coaxial port (75 Ω F connector) for RF video delivery

POWER
• Local powering with 12 V DC input
• External power supply: 110/220 V AC input
• Optional UPS for battery backup

DIMENSIONS
• Height: 20.32 cm
• Width: 22.86 cm
• Depth: 5.33 cm
• Weight: 1.82 kg

ENVIRONMENT
• Operating temperature range: 0 C to +40 C
• Maximum operating altitude: 3,048 m
• Maximum non-operating altitude: 12,192 m
• Relative humidity (non-condensing) range: 20% to 55%

Offcourse he has unfortunately done B.E 🙁
Any how his usefull thing was that he taught me how ip classification is done, so many dont know that.

And to ask u ru going to use ip v4 r v6?

v6 exclusively, with some services falling back to v4 and transparent proxies for the same in case one tries to access a part of the Internet with no v6 compliance.

Another thread rang some bells in my head on the topic, but I think that given that it seems to be an issue affecting many people and families in the tech industry, and considering that it seems to be reported fairly often in the papers and such, it should be discussed: the topic is the very unfortunate subject of suicide (and the underlying mental illnesses which usually cause it).Apart from the obvious tragic consequences to anyone who would be personally affected by a death, Hayai also wants to ensure that its staff are happy and healthy, so as part of the usual physical health plans, it will be made known to all employees at the time they are hired that the company is willing to provide support for the mind as well - that is, help in the form of a psychiatrist and, if necessary, the appropriate medication would be provided to manage the symptoms. At a certain point when the company is large enough, there may even be people permanently on-staff as part of the HR team to keep employees health and happiness in check, and even management (including myself to a certain degree) would be there to support staff when & where possible.Statistically, some 20% of the general population suffers from a mental illness of some sort, and considering that we are planning to take care of our employees by providing employee insurances and things of that nature, I think that this is something that needs to be recognized as being a part of all that.

I am currently looking for a job.Would love to work for Hayai , although I do not know which field would best suit me.Definitely not sales / ones that require frequent travels.Maybe somewhere in Quality , Research , Finance , Assistant, Advisor? ( Ahh I am still measuring my pants >_> )And yes ,I have no work experience and my life is going through some serious loops.Long way short , I won't be surprised if someone lol'd at my post & I did not get a job offer. Thanks anyways.... 🙂

Why don't you let Hayai look at your CV? It'll give a better idea to them, whether to employ you in their company or not.

I am currently looking for a job.

Would love to work for Hayai , although I do not know which field would best suit me.
Definitely not sales / ones that require frequent travels.

Maybe somewhere in Quality , Research , Finance , Assistant, Advisor? ( Ahh I am still measuring my pants >_> )
And yes ,I have no work experience and my life is going through some serious loops.

Long way short , I won't be surprised if someone lol'd at my post & I did not get a job offer.

Thanks anyways.... 🙂

We'll be looking for QCs sometime in the next few weeks. Be prepared to absorb huge amounts of information at a very fast rate (I sometimes talk too fast) - the difficulty of this will depend largely on how competent/apt you are with technology/Internet related things.

Until the careers portal comes online, send your CV to satish.changrani (the email domain you should all know by now), and put in the subject "From IBF: [position you want to apply for]". Include your vitals, expected CTC and anything else that may be interesting for us (we like interesting people).

In fact, Maybe I will get him to join up to IBF and take care of this thread.

Out of curiosity, would the jobs be of a startup kind, or of an established company type?

Out of curiosity, would the jobs be of a startup kind, or of an established company type?

As in "sweat equity" vs salaried?

As in "sweat equity" vs salaried?

Well, the general opinion in college seems to be

Startup:
You get to play a role in decision making, even at the junior level, but would probably have to work 10-12 hour days.
Salaries,etc may be delayed. (essentially, love the work, money is secondary)

Established:
You are a part of an org with 1000's of other employees, 8 hour days, fixed and timely salaries.
No significant say in decision making processes unless you are in senior management.

We'll be looking for QCs sometime in the next few weeks. Be prepared to absorb huge amounts of information at a very fast rate (I sometimes talk too fast) - the difficulty of this will depend largely on how competent/apt you are with technology/Internet related things.

Until the careers portal comes online, send your CV to satish.changrani (the email domain you should all know by now), and put in the subject "From IBF: [position you want to apply for]". Include your vitals, expected CTC and anything else that may be interesting for us (we like interesting people).

In fact, Maybe I will get him to join up to IBF and take care of this thread.

Wow !!! So, can I also send my CV 🙂

Well, the general opinion in college seems to be

Startup:
You get to play a role in decision making, even at the junior level, but would probably have to work 10-12 hour days.
Salaries,etc may be delayed. (essentially, love the work, money is secondary)

With stock options etc yeah I think I get you...

Established:
You are a part of an org with 1000's of other employees, 8 hour days, fixed and timely salaries.
No significant say in decision making processes unless you are in senior management.

Based on this definition, pretty much functioning as and established HOWEVER, as it has been here on IBF all along, staff & customers are more than welcome to tell us ways in which we can do things better, and rather than ask "why?", we can ask "why not?"

With stock options etc yeah I think I get you...

Based on this definition, pretty much functioning as and established HOWEVER, as it has been here on IBF all along, staff & customers are more than welcome to tell us ways in which we can do things better, and rather than ask "why?", we can ask "why not?"

So kind of an established company with crowdsourcing playing a role in decisionmaking?

So kind of an established company with crowdsourcing playing a role in decisionmaking?

Something along those lines, yes, though not everything is up for referendum, otherwise things wouldn't get done... there is such a thing as "too much" democracy.

Gonna send my CV soon.And I am pretty sure people are gonna get shocked (in a bad way) when they see it.Honestly speaking, I am more of a person whom you don't judge by his CV.There are plenty of people with formidable CV's but lets hope you don't just judge the book by its cover.I'll leave the decision to you guys.Thanks, 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.