Help With Modem

resurrection

its been 'round 7 minths since ive been using TribNU.i was provided with a D-Link 502T. now the problem.... ...since i am depended on p2p and torrents for my downloads, i find it crappy to use a router. i just hate all the port forwarding complications... i have this modem which i used on my prvious airtel broadband...is there a way for me to start using it on mtnl. it obviously hasnt an ethernet port, but i can always use it through USB 🤔 if u guys noe a way..please help!thnx

wats ur prob wit port forwarding

QUOTE(satanicspawn @ Apr 21 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]48810[/snapback]
wats ur prob wit port forwarding
[/b]
well not that i have much of a problem with tat..i even got it enabled. but, i dont know...i just want to try using a modem in place of that router.

Use u torrent for torrents :- it's easy and it auto configures itself...and Bearshare This too has same feature i.e it auto configueres and opens he required port.U cann't use an Modem in place of router!!!

use bridhe mode in 502-tn the router will act as modem n u"ll get max speed in p2p n torrents.if not than do port fwd. read the sticky for more info on port fwd

QUOTE(Stiffmaster @ Apr 21 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]48815[/snapback]
Use u torrent for torrents :- it's easy and it auto configures itself...

and Bearshare This too has same feature i.e it auto configueres and opens he required port.

U cann't use an Modem in place of router!!!
[/b]
hey! am already using bearshare pro!!! it rocks...gotta agree.
as for the u torrent thingy, cud u tell me how to continue an incomplete bitcomet download with that?

QUOTE(akash @ Apr 21 2006, 05:06 PM) [snapback]48816[/snapback]
use bridhe mode in 502-t

n the router will act as modem n u"ll get max speed in p2p n torrents.

if not than do port fwd. read the sticky for more info on port fwd
[/b]

but ive herd that the bridge mode screws up other things... is that true?

and well, i have this old habit of irritating people, so cud u also please tell me how to enable bridge mode? ;-)

k192.168.1.1 ----> WAN---->under wan settin BRIDGE MODEthan make a dialer n their put ur ph. no ie ID n pass.n dudebridge mode does not screw anythingu can use iteven i use it sometime on emule n all

it would be better if you read the previous posts next time if you have any problem. otherwise by mistakely you could irritate the people who you wouldnt want to...............😛

QUOTE(viralbug @ Apr 22 2006, 02:03 AM) [snapback]48856[/snapback]
it would be better if you read the previous posts next time if you have any problem. otherwise by mistakely you could irritate the people who you wouldnt want to...............😛
[/b]

man thats one monster of a typo... 😛

QUOTE(viralbug @ Apr 23 2006, 12:55 AM) [snapback]48966[/snapback]
^^^ that was done on purpose 😛
[/b]
lol...
k if u say so....!
lol