Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus: Enabling internet on my nokia N79 through broadband data card

• Thread starter Thread starter matelang
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 5,215
Status
Not open for further replies.

matelang

ISP
Reliance
Hey all,I have bought a new N79 which has got wi-fi. One need a router to connect but since I use this data card, what I did is I converted my laptop into a router(there's some configuration we have to do). Thanksfully, my phone detected the network and was connected. But internet is still not working, whenever I try to access any web page, it throws 'no gateway reply'. Then I run command ipconfig/all on my laptop and it showed dhcp as disabled. Obviously, thts why my phone was not able to get a dynamic ip. So, I tried to manually set all the IPv4 settings like phone ip, default gateway ip, dns etc. This didnt went fruitful either. BTW, there's no prob in phone as in the Nokia showroom, I was able to surf on this phone. Do you think, this is coz I am not using a proper router or secondly, data card doesn't support dhcp?Let me know if someone has tried this. I am sure this'll work if my laptop was on adsl, but has anyone tried this with the datacard?-Madhur

i am also intrested to kow the answer to this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.