Google Calendar Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 180
  • Views Views 33,489
well the point is... what do you expect them to do next? you expect them to be able to provide local services for india? where we do not even have a decent yellow pages services?for them to offer local service in india, they would have to find a database... and updated database of all the businesses in india. and that is a complicated task with such an unorganised industry like ours. for maps, they again have to rely upon third party satellite information for countries which they can showcase in details. they can only use information which is accessible and which exists. 🙂 when it comes to india, even the government would be clueless about our country's most extensive databases of information and map data 😉

thats trueIt would take some doing.......its very difficult if not impossible to provide many of the services in INDIAAs i said i may be wrongbut at least they can tryfor that the government has to get involvedwhich is next to impossible in a country in which 256k qualifies as broadband

Google postpones Google Calendar maintenance schedule Search engine giant Google had recently posted that they were going to conduct planned 13-hour maintenance of Google Calendar service. However, the plans have been postponed or rather scrapped for the time being as the announcement resulted in confusion for the end users of the service. A company spokesperson responded on this [...]

Google postpones Google Calendar maintenance schedule

surprised that google scheduled it so immaturely.chose peak hr, weekday, forgot timezone. i had seenthe first email it was so short and not much was said in it.then came 2nd email clearing the confusion caused.

heh. maybe they should just conduct upgrades without informing the users. but then calendar is not in beta. or is it?

Google Calendar now accessible from mobile devicesGoogle has now made their Google Calendar application accessible from mobile devices. The company said that mobile users can now access their schedules from their mobile phones.Google software engineer Devesh Parekh wrote in a blog post that it made sense making the application mobile friendly considering there are more [...]

Google Calendar now accessible from mobile devices

All these services are useless here until providers start offering unlimited GPRS/EDGE/3G plans.

I saw a feature "Notify me on my cell phone" in Google calendar settings. Any body here have used that feature? What i want to know is that is there any charge(call charges/data charges) for using that feature? or is it completely free? :evil:Thanks 🙂